Remove "Event Note" title from Web Site.

Remove "Event Note" title from Web Site.

Les-3
Hi All,
Thanks for the replys to "How to input UK address" most helpful.
Now for a harder one.
Narrated Web Site - The Old report (Gramps 3.1.2.1) numbers each note, the number being on the same line, but now it titles each note with "Event Note" etc on its own line.
Could anyone tell a Silver Surfer if it is possible to "Turn Off" "Event Note" title and the line it is on, I can see the reason for it but would like to stop it (because of the way I work). I am not interested in putting the numbers back as that I would think is way beyond me. I do not mind going into the Filing system, but have no idea where to look or what to do to turn it of.
I am keeping a Gramps 3.1.2.1 going so I can still produce the old style report, but would like to move over completely to Gramps 3.2.3.1 if possible.

Thanks a lot,
Les

Re: Remove "Event Note" title from Web Site.

Tim Lyons
Administrator
Actually quite simple, if you are able to change the Gramps source code.

(I am using Gramps 3.2.2, not 3.2.3, but the change is probably the same for both).

Navigate to plugins/webreport/NarrativeWeb.py, open that file, find the lines:
        # begin unordered list
        ul = Html("p")
        for notehandle in notelist:
           ul.extend(
               Html("i", str(db.get_note_from_handle(notehandle).type))
               )
            ul.extend(
                self.get_note_format(db.get_note_from_handle(notehandle))
                )

and comment out the three lines
           ul.extend(
               Html("i", str(db.get_note_from_handle(notehandle).type))
               )

by inserting # (hash mark) at the start of each line, save the file, and restart Gramps. That should do it.

(I guess you are a Windows user, so I don't know where the source files would be found, or whether you have permission in the filing system to make the change).