Remove unused citations

Christopher Gorman
I have been pruning a tree, and have collected a bunch of citations that are now unused.  There is a tool to remove unused objects of every other kind (or mostly) except citations.  Is there a reason for this?  Is there any way to remove unused citations?

- C

Re: Remove unused citations

Ron Johnson
On 07/09/2018 08:47 AM, Christopher Gorman wrote:
> I have been pruning a tree, and have collected a bunch of citations that
> are now unused.  There is a tool to remove unused objects of every other
> kind (or mostly) except citations.  Is there a reason for this?  Is there
> any way to remove unused citations?

Create a Citations filter "with a reference count of" equal to 0. Then find
all based on that filter.

Re: Remove unused citations

The 'Tools/Family Tree Repair/Removed unused objects...' SHOULD be removing unused citations as well as all other unused objects.  Unless you are using a rather old version of Gramps.  If it is not, please file a bug report detailing as much as possible what/why to demonstrate the problem.

Paul C.

On Mon, Jul 9, 2018 at 8:48 AM Christopher Gorman <[hidden email]> wrote:
I have been pruning a tree, and have collected a bunch of citations that are now unused.  There is a tool to remove unused objects of every other kind (or mostly) except citations.  Is there a reason for this?  Is there any way to remove unused citations?

- C

Re: Remove unused citations

Brad Rogers
On Mon, 9 Jul 2018 10:35:07 -0500
Paul Culley <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello Paul,

>The 'Tools/Family Tree Repair/Removed unused objects...' SHOULD be
>removing unused citations as well as all other unused objects.  Unless
>you are using

Any idea what version that started in Paul?  V4.2.8 (here at least)
doesn't have that functionality.

--
 Regards  _
Now I found you out, I don't think you're so smart

Re: Remove unused citations

Brad Rogers
On Wed, 11 Jul 2018 07:22:34 +1000
Sam Manzi <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello Sam,

>'Search for citations' is available from Gramps 5.0.0 when released;
>please

That's the info I was after, thanks Sam.

Whilst v5* has been available for some time, it's still at the RC/beta
version stage, hence my confusion.

Thanks for the clarification.

--
 Regards  _
Going round on the Circle Line trying to find a way out