Quantcast

Report - all data of one person

Yvonne Kibys
Hello together,
GRAMPS has got a report - all data of one person.
Is it possible that this report prints out all IDs of all mentioned names in
the report ?
I hope I could explain my question so that you could understand what I mean.
Sorry about my bad English but it's not my mother tongue.

Have a nice day !
Bayouma

Re: Report - all data of one person

Detlef Wolz-2
Hallo Bayouma,

what report do you mean? As your e-mail address indicates Germany I
guess you mean „Alle Daten einer Person ...“ report. If so the
US-english option is „Complete Individual Report ...“.

That report does not have an option to add IDs.

You may create a feature request - see [1]

Best regards
Detlef

[1] http://www.gramps-project.org/wiki/index.php?title=Using_the_bug_tracker

On 08/05/2012 06:27 PM, Yvonne Kibys wrote:

> Hello together,
> GRAMPS has got a report - all data of one person.
> Is it possible that this report prints out all IDs of all mentioned names in
> the report ?
> I hope I could explain my question so that you could understand what I mean.
> Sorry about my bad English but it's not my mother tongue.
>
> Have a nice day !
> Bayouma

Re: Report - all data of one person

Tim Lyons
Administrator
Yvonne Kibys wrote
GRAMPS has got a report - all data of one person.
Is it possible that this report prints out all IDs of all mentioned names in
the report ?

Bayouma
The complete individual report does not in fact print ALL the data about an individual. Actually it is quite selective.

I have produced an addon that prints EVERY piece of information about a person, including the Gramps IDs of every object in the report. Because it prints everything, the formatting cannot be optimised like in the other reports to display particular facts about the person. Hence I am not quite sure whether it is more of a diagnostic tool or a user tool.

I have not published this addon yet (partly because the new addon mechanism seems to make it quite difficult to publish an addon).

Re: Report - all data of one person

Yvonne Kibys
Thanks for answering !

@ Detlef : Thank you for giving a link to me where it is possible to post
feature requests.
Oh Lord,- that's difficult to do all in English, but I did and hope I could
formulate my wish understandably.

@ Tim : Your addon is only in English,- isn't it ?

Have a nice day !
Bayouma

Re: Report - all data of one person

Tim Lyons
Administrator
Yvonne Kibys wrote
Thanks for answering !

@ Detlef : Thank you for giving a link to me where it is possible to post
feature requests.
Oh Lord,- that's difficult to do all in English, but I did and hope I could
formulate my wish understandably.

@ Tim : Your addon is only in English,- isn't it ?

What exactly do you mean by "IDs of all mentioned names". Why do you want this information? It will be very important to understand this in order to help.

The addon has translatable strings (such as Families, Person Events, etc), I think this should work if that particular string is translated elsewhere in Gramps? But no, there are no specific translations for my addon.

Regards,
Tim.

Betreff: Re: Report - all data of one person

Yvonne Kibys

Hello Tim,
i'll try to explain it.
I printed out a PDF-file of every person I have. This I made with the
Complete Individual Report".
All papers are filed in alphabetical order.
Very often I have persons with the same name. Hence, it would be more clear
if behind every name which is performed the GRAMPS ID would stand. In the
Complete Individual Report" are standing the names of the parents, children,
wife or husband. I want to have the ID in clips behind every name.
I created an example to show you how it could look like.
Maybe it's the best way to explain.

Have a nice day
Yvonne

Example.pdf (52K) Download Attachment

Yvonne Kibys

Hello Tim,
i'll try to explain it.
I printed out a PDF-file of every person I have. This I made with the
Complete Individual Report".
All papers are filed in alphabetical order.
Very often I have persons with the same name. Hence, it would be more clear
if behind every name which is performed the GRAMPS ID would stand. In the
Complete Individual Report" are standing the names of the parents, children,

wife or husband. I want to have the ID in clips behind every name.
I created an example to show you how it could look like. I'll send it to
your private email adress.