Report or list of people missing dates

GRAMPS - User mailing list

I'm using Gramps 4.2.8 on Ubuntu 18.04 - the latest version available for me at the moment.

I'm sure I can produce a list of people who are missing dates (births, marriage, death) but I can't find a report, tool, or Gramplet to do this. Is it possible, or am I only imagining that I've done it in the past?

Thanks,

Dianne Reuby

Filter GRAMPLET with Surname & Given name without Custom Filters?

GRAMPS - User mailing list
The "Name" field in the People gramplet appears to use a concatenated form (including Given, prefix, surname suffix, including multiples).

I have not been successful in filtering with any concatenated terms.  Does anyone know how to search multiple field simultaneously without resorting to the Custom Filter?

Let's say I have a person with the following info:
Title: Dr.
Given: John Jacob
Nick: Jack
Suffix: Jr.
Preferred name: (multiple with 2 lines, with line 1 primary)
  surname1: Smith
  prefix2: von
  surname2: Jingleheimer
Alternative name:
   Given: Johann J.
   Call name: Johnny
   Surname: Schmidt

(Whew!!)

Is there a simple Name parameter if I wanted to find him among all the other 'John Smith' s?

Thanks in advance!
Brian

Re: Report or list of people missing dates

Peter Merchant
On 02/09/18 17:08, REUBY Dianne via Gramps-users wrote:

> I'm using Gramps 4.2.8 on Ubuntu 18.04 - the latest version available
> for me at the moment.
>
> I'm sure I can produce a list of people who are missing dates (births,
> marriage, death) but I can't find a report, tool, or Gramplet to do
> this. Is it possible, or am I only imagining that I've done it in the
> past?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dianne Reuby

Hi Dianne, I have just recently upgraded both to kubuntu 18.04 and then
to gramps 5. The waters fine, come on in.

If you just look at the list of people it shows  you missing Births or
deaths, And if you add the gramplet 'records'  you notice other
anomalies such as 'oldest living person' where you don't have a death
date for that person. If you look at families you can also see families
without a recorded marriage date.

Hope that helps,

Peter

Re: Report or list of people missing dates

prculley
The What's Next Gramplet (for the dashboard view) lists a few people with missing birth and marriage dates...  The "View/configure" can increase the number of items to display.  And you can right click to select all and copy to put into a text editor.

The Statistics Gramplet (for the dashboard view) has an entry for "Individuals missing birth dates", which if double clicked will show a report.  If you want to save this for later, you can right click on a name and select 'copy all' and paste it into a text editor.

I haven't found a really good way to see missing death dates...

Paul C.

On Sun, Sep 2, 2018 at 3:38 PM Peter Merchant <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 02/09/18 17:08, REUBY Dianne via Gramps-users wrote:

> I'm using Gramps 4.2.8 on Ubuntu 18.04 - the latest version available
> for me at the moment.
>
> I'm sure I can produce a list of people who are missing dates (births,
> marriage, death) but I can't find a report, tool, or Gramplet to do
> this. Is it possible, or am I only imagining that I've done it in the
> past?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dianne Reuby

Hi Dianne, I have just recently upgraded both to kubuntu 18.04 and then
to gramps 5. The waters fine, come on in.

If you just look at the list of people it shows  you missing Births or
deaths, And if you add the gramplet 'records'  you notice other
anomalies such as 'oldest living person' where you don't have a death
date for that person. If you look at families you can also see families
without a recorded marriage date.

Hope that helps,

Peter

Re: Report or list of people missing dates

John Paton
If you configure the 'People' view to show 'Death Date', switch the
'People' view out of grouped people mode, and then sort the data on
'Death Date' by clicking the 'Death Date' column header then all the
people without a death date appear at the top of the sorted list. This
means that you can at least see how many missing death dates that you
have, and who they are.

To get the 'People' view back to it's normal order simply click either
'Grouped People' or 'People' icons in the menu bar.

You can do the same thing with any of the columns in the 'People' view.
eg if you wanted to find out if you had any missing 'Birth Dates'.

If you really need a list on paper for reference when gramps isn't
running you could simply export the 'People' view (configured as above)
as a CSV file, load it into your spreadsheet software, sort it however
you want and print out whatever results you wish. You don't even need to
sort it before you export it as long as the People View shows whichever
data you are interested in, because the spreadsheet lets you sort on
whatever column you like.

HTH

John

Re: Report or list of people missing dates

Brad Rogers
On Sun, 2 Sep 2018 17:08:58 +0100 (BST)
REUBY Dianne via Gramps-users <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello REUBY,

>I'm sure I can produce a list of people who are missing dates (births,
>marriage, death) but I can't find a report, tool, or Gramplet to do

This is *exactly* the sort of thing Filters were created for.

You've already had a couple of options.  One requires the use of other
software, which simply makes the job harder.

In Person view, go to Tools menu, Person Filter Editor

Click Add New Filter (the plus sign)
A new window opens (Person Filter)
Give the new filter a name (No Death, for example)
Add a comment if you wish

Click Add Another Rule to the filter (the plus sign)
A new window opens (Define Filter)
Click on Event Filters

Select People with the Personal <Event>
In the right side, select Death from the dropdown of event types.
Check Primary Role
Click Okay
Window closes taking us back to Define Filter

Check Return Values that do not match the filter
Click Okay
Window closes taking us back to Person Filter

Click Close

In the person view select your just created filter from the Dropdown of
Custom Filters.

Click Find

If you've done everything correctly (and I haven't missed out a step or
two), you'll be shown a list of people without a death event of their
own.  At the bottom of the Gramps window will be a number XX/YYY where XX
is the number of records (people, in this case) shown out of YYY total
records.

--
 Regards  _
I must be hallucinating, watching angels celebrating