Quantcast

Report vs. ReportDialog question

Douglas S. Blank
I'm trying to understand the register_report interface and I'm a little
confused. It appears that if I create a report or graphical output, then
the report_class should be a Report. However, if I create a web-based
output, then report_class should then be a ReportDialog.

Is this correct? If so, why? Shouldn't all three be parallel?

-Doug

Re: Report vs. ReportDialog question

Brian Matherly
Doug,

>I'm trying to understand the register_report interface and I'm a little
>confused. It appears that if I create a report or graphical output,
 then
>the report_class should be a Report. However, if I create a web-based
>output, then report_class should then be a ReportDialog.
>
>Is this correct?

Yes, you understand this correctly. You can see the whole thing on line 681 in _ReportDialog.py.

>If so, why?

I don't have an answer for that.

>Shouldn't all three be parallel?

I would like to see it that way some day.

This is one of the reasons that I don't think merging all the Calendar reports into one file is a good idea.

~Brian