Representing related events?

paul womack
I have a Burial event for Person A.

This is easy and standard to represent, and I can (further) attach the burial
Event to all the people who attended the burial, setting their role as Witness
(or just Attendee).

But I know that one of the people who attended gave a eulogy.

Would it be best to create a new role, and share the Burial Event.
or should "Have Eulogy" be an Event of some Type?

If the latter, is there a nice way to tie the two events together?

   BugBear

Re: Representing related events?

Ron Johnson
On 02/12/2018 06:43 AM, paul womack wrote:
I have a Burial event for Person A.

This is easy and standard to represent, and I can (further) attach the burial
Event to all the people who attended the burial, setting their role as Witness
(or just Attendee).

But I know that one of the people who attended gave a eulogy.

Would it be best to create a new role, and share the Burial Event.
or should "Have Eulogy" be an Event of some Type?

If the latter, is there a nice way to tie the two events together?

Does "Gave Eulogy" rise to the importance of having a custom event type, or does that go in a Note?

--
Money Angular momentum makes the world go 'round.

On 12/02/18 12:43, paul womack wrote:

> I have a Burial event for Person A.
>
> This is easy and standard to represent, and I can (further) attach the
> burial
> Event to all the people who attended the burial, setting their role as
> Witness
> (or just Attendee).
>
> But I know that one of the people who attended gave a eulogy.
>
> Would it be best to create a new role, and share the Burial Event.
> or should "Have Eulogy" be an Event of some Type?

A role of "Eulogist" for a participant in a burial event.

Re: Representing related events?

Agnes Charrel-Berthillier
On 12/02/18 12:43, paul womack wrote:

>> I have a Burial event for Person A.
>>
>> This is easy and standard to represent, and I can (further) attach
>> the burial
>> Event to all the people who attended the burial, setting their role
>> as Witness
>> (or just Attendee).
>>
>> But I know that one of the people who attended gave a eulogy.
>>
>> Would it be best to create a new role, and share the Burial Event.
>> or should "Have Eulogy" be an Event of some Type?
On 2/12/18 07:27, Nick Hall replied:
> A role of "Eulogist" for a participant in a burial event.
Or create a note on the event reference, with content "Gave eulogy"
(and, if you have it, attach the actual eulogy?)

Agnes

Re: Representing related events?

Nick Hall
On 12/02/18 19:26, Agnes Charrel-Berthillier wrote:
A role of "Eulogist" for a participant in a burial event.
Or create a note on the event reference, with content "Gave eulogy" (and, if you have it, attach the actual eulogy?)

Yes.  An order of service or text of a eulogy, if available, would provide another source.

Re: Representing related events?

GRAMPS - User mailing list
It seems like a more generic term (like "Speaker") would give more flexibility.

Then there can be a Speaker at an event (a christening, a funeral, a marriage, a graduation) and the event type gives the context.  But the flexibility of searching for all speakers at life events for a person offers a nice option.

Brian

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad