Restored Media need help with another Tree

Restored Media need help with another Tree

Jean McClendon
Hello, I have just restored my media program after removing many long
strings and I have another family tree of my husband's line which I need
to have current as well as a Gedcom which is to be posted on a DNA
site.  I am using Linux 14.0 or 15.0 (I think) and Gramps 4.2.2.

When I click on  his tree from the Tree Manager, it comes on and says
"you are trying to Load the Bsddb version (5, 1, 25) format, this
version of Gramps uses Bsddb (5, 3, 28). You cannot load this tree
without upgrading the Bsddb version of the Family Tree."  I do not have
an old version of Gramps in order to make a current backup, and  I
probably just need to delete them but I have forgotten how to then make
a new GEDCOM version of his line in order to upload to a DNA site.

Would it be better to  just delete them (for some reason there are two,
both made within a few minutes of each other) and then make a new Family
Tree of just his information (again I have forgotten how to do only his
line) which will then also re-add the restored media files to his tree?
Or just upgrade without the backup and then try and redo all of the
correct paths to the media as I have done with my large one which he is
a part of?  I am beginning to think just deleting them and starting
fresh is the better way but still do not remember how to go about
getting just his information into a new Tree.

Also, how do I add new .jpg files to an existing person?  Always before
there would be a way to add a new picture to the correct person in my
Media Folder, then go to that person pull up the Gallery and then check
"add-+" and it would show a path to the Media folder where I would then
find the   picture I wanted, click on it and then it was added to that
Gallery.  I received a very nice new picture of my Mom taken just last
week (she is in a Nursing Home in California and I am in Oklahoma), I
placed it in the correct folder in my Media folder and then wanted to
add it to her Gallery but couldn't figure out how.  I opened her Gallery
and clicked "+" which then brings up the box "Select Media Object" I
found JeansMediaScrapbook and right clicked on it which had a drop down
box with "Open With File Manager" this opens up to the individual family
named folders and I clicked on "Jones" and then "Elsie Eunice" but when
I find the picture and try and click on it nothing happens.  What am I
doing wrong?  I need to know how to add new Media as I get it.  Thank
you. Jean

Re: Restored Media need help with another Tree

Ron Johnson
To add a completely new photo to a Person, when that photo is in the Folder it's supposed to be in:
1. open the Person editor
2. click on the Gallery tab
3. click on the big blue plus sign to add a new media object
4. browse until you find it, and then select it.