Retrieve data from previous database version (4, 7, 25)

Retrieve data from previous database version (4, 7, 25)

Cassy [GC]
Dear all,

After a period of time I wanted to consult my Gramps data, the portable version was updated automatically, but now I get a database error
(http://files.cassy.be/2013-10-05_203919_scrnGrampsError.jpg).

I don't know the version of the program I last used.
  • The last modification to the database seems to be 05 nov 2012
  • bdbversion.txt states (4, 7, 25)
I have uploaded the complete folder located in
GrampsPortable\Data\settings\gramps\grampsdb\4d492f7f

I already tried to retrieve data by installing all releases of Gramps versions from 3.4.1 => 3.4.5

I hope somebody can help me to retrieve the data. Would be hard to see all the effort be in vain :-(

Thank you for your help in advance,
Cassy

Re: Retrieve data from previous database version (4, 7, 25)

Hivernat Emmanuel
Hello,

I'have try to open your data with gramps 4.0.1 all is OK
database was converted to (5, 1, 29)
I'll send you the .dpkg file on your mail adress

Regards

Le 05/10/2013 20:47, Cassy [GC] a écrit :
Dear all,

After a period of time I wanted to consult my Gramps data, the portable version was updated automatically, but now I get a database error
(http://files.cassy.be/2013-10-05_203919_scrnGrampsError.jpg).

I don't know the version of the program I last used.
  • The last modification to the database seems to be 05 nov 2012
  • bdbversion.txt states (4, 7, 25)
I have uploaded the complete folder located in
GrampsPortable\Data\settings\gramps\grampsdb\4d492f7f

I already tried to retrieve data by installing all releases of Gramps versions from 3.4.1 => 3.4.5

I hope somebody can help me to retrieve the data. Would be hard to see all the effort be in vain :-(

Thank you for your help in advance,
Cassy

October Webinars: Code for Performance

Fwd: Retrieve data from previous database version (4, 7, 25)

Cassy [GC]

* Solved * by Hivernat Emmanuel
He was able to open the databse files with gramps 4.0.1