SQLite tree much smaller than BSDDB

v5.0.1

I imported a fresh no-media backup into both BSDDB and SQLite trees, and
noticed that the SQLite database is 55% smaller than the BSDDB database.
Is this expected?

Re: SQLite tree much smaller than BSDDB

Gary Bussiere
On 12/21/18 5:37 PM, Ron Johnson wrote:

> v5.0.1
>
> I imported a fresh no-media backup into both BSDDB and SQLite trees, and
> noticed that the SQLite database is 55% smaller than the BSDDB database.
> Is this expected?

Did the same test with a small Tree, just curious:

BSDDB - 35 items total 14.6 MB (Lots of .db files in folder. ie:
citation.db, event.db, etc)

SQLite - 4 items total 2.0 MB (Only a sqlite.db and a few other files.)

Quite a difference between them. No problems with the SQLite Database so
far though.