SVG output

Hans Ulrich Frink-2
Hi all,
I made a family lines graph and saved it as svg. Then tuned some colors in inkscrape which all showed fine results. Then I wanted to include this svg into a word 2016 document. That also worked fine and the fonts scaled like Vector should do.
But
then I saved the whole word article to pdf and this messed up: The fonts in the graph were blurred and not clear. Even enlarging the resolution to 600dpi didnt improve the output in PDF.
I know this is a side subject to gramps, but how do you include gramps graph output into larger texts? Which format do you use?
Thanks in advance.
Uli

Re: SVG output

Duncan Lithgow
Hi Hans Ulrich

Did you make sure the fonts used in the original SVG were embedded into the PDF on export? In LibreOffice this is a setting for fine tuning PDF export.

Hope that helps.

Duncan

On Sun, Aug 4, 2019 at 5:43 PM Hans Ulrich Frink <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,
I made a family lines graph and saved it as svg. Then tuned some colors in inkscrape which all showed fine results. Then I wanted to include this svg into a word 2016 document. That also worked fine and the fonts scaled like Vector should do.
But
then I saved the whole word article to pdf and this messed up: The fonts in the graph were blurred and not clear. Even enlarging the resolution to 600dpi didnt improve the output in PDF.
I know this is a side subject to gramps, but how do you include gramps graph output into larger texts? Which format do you use?
Thanks in advance.
Uli

Re: SVG output

Hans Ulrich Frink-2
Hi Duncan
Thanks for the reply.
I checked it out and found that the error was resizing and cropping of the imported SVG using word. Importing the image in necessay size helped also with the pdf file
Cheers
Uli