Same Sex Marriage

Ross Gammon
Hi All,

I know this has come up on the mailing lists before, but we have had a
new report on the Ubuntu Bug Tracker and I have linked it to:

With my quick test, it is possible to "fool" Gramps into allowing a
male-male family by first entering one of them as a female "wife", and
then changing the sex later to "male". But then one of the males is
listed as a wife.

After all the work on "Places" for 4.1, would it be a good feature to
add full same-sex functionality to Gramps for 4.2?

Regards,

Ross

Re: Same Sex Marriage

John Ralls-2

On Aug 9, 2014, at 2:37 PM, Ross Gammon <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I know this has come up on the mailing lists before, but we have had a
> new report on the Ubuntu Bug Tracker and I have linked it to:
> https://gramps-project.org/bugs/view.php?id=3346
>
> With my quick test, it is possible to "fool" Gramps into allowing a
> male-male family by first entering one of them as a female "wife", and
> then changing the sex later to "male". But then one of the males is
> listed as a wife.
>
> After all the work on "Places" for 4.1, would it be a good feature to
> add full same-sex functionality to Gramps for 4.2?

See https://gramps-project.org/bugs/view.php?id=5730 and the several earlier bugs tagged as related.

Regards,
John Ralls