Scottish census data

Martnal

How do people enter Scottish census data? Do you do it manually or use the
UK census forms? If the latter, doesn't it cause problems with citations?

Martin

-----

Martin, SW London

Gedmatch DNA Kit H062246.
FT-DNA Kit B388093.

Names: Loughborough and Loughbrough, (London, Hull, Pirton and Hartlepool);
Watson, (Bedlington, Jarrow & H'pool);
Ballard & Glassop (E. London);
Leggett (Corton, Scarborough, Hartlepool);
Young & Wilson, (Hartlepool).

I am using GrampsAIO64-5.0.0-1 on Windows 10.

Martin, SW London

Gedmatch DNA Kit H062246.
FT-DNA Kit B388093.

Names: Loughborough and Loughbrough, (London, Hull, Pirton and Hartlepool);
Watson, (Bedlington, Jarrow & H'pool);
Ballard & Glassop (E. London);
Leggett (Corton, Scarborough, Hartlepool);
Young & Wilson, (Hartlepool).

I am using GrampsAIO64-5.0.0-1 on Windows 10.

Re: Scottish census data

Harvey Nimmo
On Wed, 2019-07-24 at 04:52 -0500, Martnal wrote:

> How do people enter Scottish census data? Do you do it manually or
> use the
> UK census forms? If the latter, doesn't it cause problems with
> citations?
>
> Martin
>

> -----
>
> Martin, SW London
>
> Gedmatch DNA Kit H062246.
> FT-DNA Kit B388093.
>
> Names: Loughborough and Loughbrough, (London, Hull, Pirton and
> Hartlepool);
> Watson, (Bedlington, Jarrow & H'pool);
> Ballard & Glassop (E. London);
> Leggett (Corton, Scarborough, Hartlepool);
> Young & Wilson, (Hartlepool).
>
> I am using GrampsAIO64-5.0.0-1 on Windows 10.
> --
> Sent from: http://gramps.1791082.n4.nabble.com/GRAMPS-User-f1807095.h
> tml

Hi Martin,

the form_gb.xml which is delivered with the 'Forms' plugin contains
templates for the Scottish censuses. They are identified as SC1841...
etc. Some Welsh ones are in there as well (CY1901...). They work fine
for me.

Cheers
Harvey

Re: Scottish census data

Hi Martin

You can use the UK census form for the early Scottish census if you not
particularly interested in the number of windows in the house, however
beginning in 1891 the Scottish Census records diverge away from the
English/Wales

I have modified the English/Welsh and created Scottish forms for my own
use. Although at this stage they are not polished enough for my own
satifaction

With this link you can lok at all the Scottish Census Records with
sample forms
https://www.nrscotland.gov.uk/research/guides/census-records

Regards
Phil
MLFHS 12583
Dumfries
On 24/07/2019 10:52, Martnal wrote:

> How do people enter Scottish census data? Do you do it manually or use the
> UK census forms? If the latter, doesn't it cause problems with citations?
>
> Martin
>

> -----
>
> Martin, SW London
>
> Gedmatch DNA Kit H062246.
> FT-DNA Kit B388093.
>
> Names: Loughborough and Loughbrough, (London, Hull, Pirton and Hartlepool);
> Watson, (Bedlington, Jarrow & H'pool);
> Ballard & Glassop (E. London);
> Leggett (Corton, Scarborough, Hartlepool);
> Young & Wilson, (Hartlepool).
>
> I am using GrampsAIO64-5.0.0-1 on Windows 10.
> --
> Sent from: http://gramps.1791082.n4.nabble.com/GRAMPS-User-f1807095.html

Re: Scottish census data

Brad Rogers
On Wed, 24 Jul 2019 04:52:52 -0500 (CDT)
Martnal <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello Martnal,

>How do people enter Scottish census data? Do you do it manually or use
>the UK census forms? If the latter, doesn't it cause problems with
>citations?

There is little to no issue because there are Scottish Census forms.
IIRC, the 1911 is missing, so I added my own.

Form Attribute is SC1??1

--
 Regards  _
We are the League, we are the anti band

Re: Scottish census data

Brad Rogers
On Wed, 24 Jul 2019 12:37:22 +0200
Harvey Nimmo <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello Harvey,

>etc. Some Welsh ones are in there as well (CY1901...). They work fine
>for me.

The reason for separate Welsh forms from 1891 is that they get asked an
extra question - about languages spoken.

--
 Regards  _
I'm spending all my money and it's going up my nose