Screen turns black upon input

Vkyed
Hi everyone,

I'm all green in all this genealogy work and using GRAMPS, so I hope that I
am not too much of an annoyance asking questions like these. I've been using
GRAMPS for a few days now, but almost every time I want to accept any
changes I make, by pressing ok in the bottom right corner, the screen turns
black. Sometimes for like 30 seconds, which is annoying enough in it self,
sometimes I have to restart the whole program. I am using a mac and should
be using the latest update. Where have I gone wrong?

Re: Screen turns black upon input

Dave Scheipers
Welcome Victor

I am not one who will be able to help you. But if someone can, they
will want to know which version of Gramps you are using and which OS
you are using.

Dave

On Sun, Jan 13, 2019 at 11:02 AM Vkyed <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm all green in all this genealogy work and using GRAMPS, so I hope that I
> am not too much of an annoyance asking questions like these. I've been using
> GRAMPS for a few days now, but almost every time I want to accept any
> changes I make, by pressing ok in the bottom right corner, the screen turns
> black. Sometimes for like 30 seconds, which is annoying enough in it self,
> sometimes I have to restart the whole program. I am using a mac and should
> be using the latest update. Where have I gone wrong?
>

> --
> Sent from: http://gramps.1791082.n4.nabble.com/GRAMPS-User-f1807095.html

Re: Screen turns black upon input

Vkyed
Hi,

Thanks. I am using mac version 10.13.6 and Gramps 5.0.1.

Victor

I am not one who will be able to help you. But if someone can, they
will want to know which version of Gramps you are using and which OS
you are using.

Dave

On Sun, Jan 13, 2019 at 11:02 AM Vkyed <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm all green in all this genealogy work and using GRAMPS, so I hope that I
> am not too much of an annoyance asking questions like these. I've been using
> GRAMPS for a few days now, but almost every time I want to accept any
> changes I make, by pressing ok in the bottom right corner, the screen turns
> black. Sometimes for like 30 seconds, which is annoying enough in it self,
> sometimes I have to restart the whole program. I am using a mac and should
> be using the latest update. Where have I gone wrong?
>

> --
> Sent from: http://gramps.1791082.n4.nabble.com/GRAMPS-User-f1807095.html

Re: Screen turns black upon input

DexterB
This post was updated on .
Same "black screen of death" problem has just appeared with me.

Same MacOS 10.13.6 and same Gramps 5.0.1.

Gramps loads and runs normally, until I use a selection button. The screen
goes black, although the top bar (/Gramps Family Trees Add Edit View etc./)
is still visible but not selectable.

The app is shown as open on the bottom bar (/black dot under any open apps/)
and I can close the app from there. When I reopen it, everything operates
normal, until I use a selection button.

Suggestions?

I seem to be able to use the top bar Edit to bring the screen back into view, which leads me to suspect that this is a window re-sizing problem.