Searching for informants

yorkshire_lad
Further to the issue with Informants showing e.g. two dates of death in
Descendants Lines (see below for references), I would like to search for
all individuals who have an event where they are set as informants (i.e.
for an Event, Role = Informant), but am struggling to do this.

I've found a very convenient filter for *Witnesses*

People / Filter / Custom Filter / Define filter / Rule list / Event
filter / Witnesses:
"Matches people who are witnesses in any event"

Is there an equivalent for Informant, or how does one create such a
filter, or is there a simpler way for finding people who have events
with Role as Informants?

Windows 10 / GrampsAIO64-4.2.3-1

TIA
Allan

Original thread posting on distinguishing date of death for informants
in Descent Lines:
http://gramps.1791082.n4.nabble.com/Distinguishing-between-own-death-and-death-as-informant-td4681248.html

Bug report

Re: Searching for informants

yorkshire_lad
Answering my own post (seems a little incestuous, but there you go)

I have got a solution.  I stumbled across:
Help with filtering for roles
http://gramps.1791082.n4.nabble.com/Help-with-filtering-for-roles-td4680452.html
and got it to work

1. I downloaded two files;
2. followed instructions as to where to copy the files
3. had to edit the __init__.py to remove two mentions of HasSoundexName
(approx line 112 and line 194)
4. edited _haseventroleunknown.py to change EventRoleType.Unknown to
EventRoleType.INFORMANT (approx line 57)
and seems to do the job.

Many thanks to the creator and contributors to the "Help with filtering for
roles" thread.
Fingers crossed for any as yet undiscovered side effects (no doubt I'll have
to re-install/amend the files when/if I upgrade but cross that bridge when I
get there).
Allan (in a currently very windy North Yorkshire, UK)
Windows 10 / GrampsAIO64-4.2.3-1