Segfault crashes, seems to be reproducible 100%

Segfault crashes, seems to be reproducible 100%

wakou
Hi folks, could some of you please test this before I try to narrow it down enough to present a bug report.

If you open a tree with quick view enabled, and click the spanner icon in the quick view, another config window opens. If you close that window using the close button, GRAMPS segfaults, and crashes, leaving the tree locked.

If a dev can tell me how to use the debug tools, I will of course send some reports...

Re: Segfault crashes, seems to be reproducible 100%

Harvey Nimmo
I can confirm this behaviour as well. I am using Gramps 4.1.0-1 on
Opensuse 13.1.

I think the devs will want to know what version wakou is running. ;-)

Cheers
Harvey

On Fri, 2014-10-10 at 02:11 -0700, wakou wrote:

> Hi folks, could some of you please test this before I try to narrow it down
> enough to present a bug report.
>
> If you open a tree with quick view enabled, and click the spanner icon in
> the quick view, another config window opens. If you close that window using
> the close button, GRAMPS segfaults, and crashes, leaving the tree locked.
>
> If a dev can tell me how to use the debug tools, I will of course send some
> reports...

Re: Segfault crashes, seems to be reproducible 100%

Ross Gammon
Running $gramps -v from a terminal gives a lot of information about
what you are running.

Then running $gramps from the terminal and reproducing the crash
probably produces some error messages that will give some clues to the
problem.

That and your description of how to produce the bug is probably enough
to create a bug report (after searching if someone has not already
reported the same problem).

Ross

On 10/10/2014 11:30 AM, Harvey Nimmo wrote:

> I can confirm this behaviour as well. I am using Gramps 4.1.0-1 on
> Opensuse 13.1.
>
> I think the devs will want to know what version wakou is running.
> ;-)
>
> Cheers Harvey
>

> On Fri, 2014-10-10 at 02:11 -0700, wakou wrote:
>> Hi folks, could some of you please test this before I try to
>> narrow it down enough to present a bug report.
>>
>> If you open a tree with quick view enabled, and click the spanner
>> icon in the quick view, another config window opens. If you close
>> that window using the close button, GRAMPS segfaults, and
>> crashes, leaving the tree locked.
>>
>> If a dev can tell me how to use the debug tools, I will of course
>> send some reports...

>> http://gramps.1791082.n4.nabble.com/Segfault-crashes-seems-to-be-reproducible-100-tp4667459.html

>> Achieve PCI DSS 3.0 Compliant Status with Out-of-the-box PCI DSS
>> Reports Are you Audit-Ready for PCI DSS 3.0 Compliance? Download
>> White paper Comply to PCI DSS 3.0 Requirement 10 and 11.5 with
>> EventLog Analyzer
>> http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=154622311&iu=/4140/ostg.clktrk

>> Achieve PCI DSS 3.0 Compliant Status with Out-of-the-box PCI DSS
>> Reports Are you Audit-Ready for PCI DSS 3.0 Compliance? Download
>> White paper Comply to PCI DSS 3.0 Requirement 10 and 11.5 with
>> EventLog Analyzer
>> http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=154622311&iu=/4140/ostg.clktrk

Re: Segfault crashes, seems to be reproducible 100%

wakou
Ok here is my system..
(I notice that Harvey also uses opensuse)
GRAMPS: 4.1.0-1
Python: 2.7.6 (default, Nov 21 2013, 15:55:38) [...
BSDDB: 6.0.0 (4, 8, 30)
LANG: en_GB.UTF-8
OS: Linux

openSuse 13.1, KDE4.14.1

Full output of $>gramps -v is here:
http://pastebin.com/uCrcW4dU

Starting gramps from cli, the crash only reports:
$> gramps
Segmentation fault

Re: Segfault crashes, seems to be reproducible 100%

wakou
I have submitted, please add your experiences...