Setting up family event filter?

paul womack
I am considering paying for some wedding certificates, certainly the "important" ones.

My criteria for "important" is direct ancestral tree of my SO.
The criteria for available is (I believe) the GRO index, and published
by FreeBMD; this essentially comes down to post 1837.

So - I would like to examine all the marriage events on the ancestral tree
for <an individual> where the event is a marriage dated after 1837.

This should be an easy filtering task, but I can't get it to work.

Any suggestions would be very welcome.

  BugBear

Re: Setting up family event filter?

Doug
On 27/08/13 10:49, paul womack wrote:

> I am considering paying for some wedding certificates, certainly the "important" ones.
>
> My criteria for "important" is direct ancestral tree of my SO.
> The criteria for available is (I believe) the GRO index, and published
> by FreeBMD; this essentially comes down to post 1837.
>
> So - I would like to examine all the marriage events on the ancestral tree
> for <an individual> where the event is a marriage dated after 1837.
>
> This should be an easy filtering task, but I can't get it to work.
>
> Any suggestions would be very welcome.
>
>    BugBear

It ought to be pretty straightforward, e.g.
People with the personal event <marriage> Date after 1837
People with the family event <marriage> Date after 1837
At least one rule applies
Then
People with the name <xxxx>
People matching the filter above.

However you've turned up a bug, People with the Family event
<marriage > Date after 1837 is not selecting for date. I've
reported it on the bugtracker #7020.

Doug

Re: Setting up family event filter?

DS Blank
On Wed, Aug 28, 2013 at 6:38 AM, doug <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 27/08/13 10:49, paul womack wrote:
>> I am considering paying for some wedding certificates, certainly the "important" ones.
>>
>> My criteria for "important" is direct ancestral tree of my SO.
>> The criteria for available is (I believe) the GRO index, and published
>> by FreeBMD; this essentially comes down to post 1837.
>>
>> So - I would like to examine all the marriage events on the ancestral tree
>> for <an individual> where the event is a marriage dated after 1837.
>>
>> This should be an easy filtering task, but I can't get it to work.
>>
>> Any suggestions would be very welcome.
>>
>>    BugBear
>>

> It ought to be pretty straightforward, e.g.
> People with the personal event <marriage> Date after 1837
> People with the family event <marriage> Date after 1837
> At least one rule applies
> Then
> People with the name <xxxx>
> People matching the filter above.
>
> However you've turned up a bug, People with the Family event
> <marriage > Date after 1837 is not selecting for date. I've
> reported it on the bugtracker #7020.

Now fixed in gramps34, gramps40, and trunk. Thanks for the report, and issue!

-Doug, the other

On 28/08/13 11:38, doug wrote:

> On 27/08/13 10:49, paul womack wrote:
>> I am considering paying for some wedding certificates, certainly the "important" ones.
>>
>> My criteria for "important" is direct ancestral tree of my SO.
>> The criteria for available is (I believe) the GRO index, and published
>> by FreeBMD; this essentially comes down to post 1837.
>>
>> So - I would like to examine all the marriage events on the ancestral tree
>> for <an individual> where the event is a marriage dated after 1837.
>>
>> This should be an easy filtering task, but I can't get it to work.
>>
>> Any suggestions would be very welcome.
>>
>>     BugBear
>>

> It ought to be pretty straightforward, e.g.
> People with the personal event <marriage> Date after 1837
> People with the family event <marriage> Date after 1837
> At least one rule applies
> Then
> People with the name <xxxx>
> People matching the filter above.
>
> However you've turned up a bug, People with the Family event
> <marriage > Date after 1837 is not selecting for date. I've
> reported it on the bugtracker #7020.
>
> Doug

The bug has now been fixed extremely promptly - many thanks
indeed to (the other) Doug!!

You'll need to update your gramps version to take advantage
of the fix.

I ought to point that the filter above doesn't work quite as
anticipated;  it gets interpreted as the name OR marriage
after 1837.

The correct filter is:
filter 1: People with the personal event <marriage> Date
after 1837
filter 2: People with the family event <marriage> Date after
1837
filter 3: People with the name <xxxx>

filter 4: people matching filter 1
             people matching filter 3