Siblings wiew

Hari Seldon
Hi all, I'm a new Gramps user.
In the graph view I'm not able to show brothers and sisters. For instance, I cannot see my brother, unless I select his record, and in that case I don't see my record and viceversa. The same with other siblings, I can see only one brother or sister at the same time.
Building a genealogy on Myheritage, for example, I hadn't this problem, because it is possible to have a clear view of brothers and sisters.
How can I solve this problem?
Thank you in advance

Paolo

Re: Siblings wiew

Hari Seldon
Maybe my first message wasn't yet in the mailing list...

I'm not able to manage brother and sisters on Gramps, nobody experienced the same problem?
Thanks
Paolo

Hari Seldon wrote
Hi all, I'm a new Gramps user.
In the graph view I'm not able to show brothers and sisters. For instance, I cannot see my brother, unless I select his record, and in that case I don't see my record and viceversa. The same with other siblings, I can see only one brother or sister at the same time.
Building a genealogy on Myheritage, for example, I hadn't this problem, because it is possible to have a clear view of brothers and sisters.
How can I solve this problem?
Thank you in advance

Paolo

Re: Siblings wiew

Michel Vuijlsteke
Hey Paolo,

The easiest way to do this is to work from the Relationships view -- see http://imgur.com/a/bBg9e

This shows you the focus person, their parents, spouses, and children.

Michel

On 4 May 2017 at 08:31, Hari Seldon <[hidden email]> wrote:
Maybe my first message wasn't yet in the mailing list...

I'm not able to manage brother and sisters on Gramps, nobody experienced the
same problem?
Thanks
Paolo

Hari Seldon wrote
> Hi all, I'm a new Gramps user.
> In the graph view I'm not able to show brothers and sisters. For instance,
> I cannot see my brother, unless I select his record, and in that case I
> don't see my record and viceversa. The same with other siblings, I can see
> only one brother or sister at the same time.
> Building a genealogy on Myheritage, for example, I hadn't this problem,
> because it is possible to have a clear view of brothers and sisters.
> How can I solve this problem?
> Thank you in advance
>
> Paolo

Re: Siblings wiew

Michel Vuijlsteke
Addendum: there's also this graph view: http://imgur.com/a/Xxk84

I'm not sure where it comes from, whether it's built-in or a gramplet, sorry.

Michel