Sorting children

prculley
Does anyone know if there is a way to sort children by date?  That is, a tool that does this for all families at once.
I know you can do it in relationship view via drag/drop...

Paul Culley

Re: Sorting children

Paul Franklin-5
On 2/8/17, Paul Culley <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Does anyone know if there is a way to sort children by date?  That is, a
> tool that does this for all families at once.
> I know you can do it in relationship view via drag/drop...

You can also do it in the Family editor's children tab,
by using the up/down arrows.  But I've never heard of
a tool (or anything else) which would do it for all the
children in a family tree.  In fact I can imagine that a
user might not like that, say if they've decided to put
birth children ahead of adopted children, or something.

I think that sort of reasoning is why we allow the user
to specify the order of marriages, and children.  But I
am only guessing.  I didn't use gramps "back then."