Sources in csv- import

Reinhard John
Hey,

I tried the import of a csv-file and everything worked well except creating the sources.
I sticked to the documention but I can't get the source to the event.
I also tried to refer to existing sources [S***] and citations [C***] but it didn't work.

I use the German version and in the German documentation the column/field title for the source contains a space. A spice in a data field name sounds a little bit uncommon to me...

Is anyone experienced in the import function for csv-files?

Regards,
Reinhard
--
Diese Nachricht wurde von meinem Android Mobiltelefon mit GMX Mail gesendet.

Re: Sources in csv- import

prculley
Probably the easiest way to check if your column names are correct, is to export to CSV a sample Gramps tree that contains at least one of everything you need.  The input format SHOULD be the same.  I'm also pretty sure if you use all English column names as in the English documentation, that should also work.

There is a chance that the documentation translator did not look at the Gramps translation files, or it may be out of date.

Paul C.

On Sat, Jun 30, 2018 at 3:50 PM Reinhard John <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hey,

I tried the import of a csv-file and everything worked well except creating the sources.
I sticked to the documention but I can't get the source to the event.
I also tried to refer to existing sources [S***] and citations [C***] but it didn't work.

I use the German version and in the German documentation the column/field title for the source contains a space. A spice in a data field name sounds a little bit uncommon to me...

Is anyone experienced in the import function for csv-files?

Regards,
Reinhard
--
Diese Nachricht wurde von meinem Android Mobiltelefon mit GMX Mail gesendet.

Re: Sources in csv- import

Mirko Leonhäuser

Hello,

there was an translation mismatch between csv import/export in German translation.

This is fixed now in maintenance/gramps50

Mirko L.