Standard Roles?

paul womack
I note the built in drop down of Roles has "Executor"
and "Witness", both very applicable to Wills.

Is there any reason "Beneficiary" isn't there?

I know I can (and will) add it myself, I just
wondered why it isn't standard.

  BugBear

Re: Standard Roles?

Nick Hall
On 22/04/14 09:56, paul womack wrote:
> I note the built in drop down of Roles has "Executor"
> and "Witness", both very applicable to Wills.
>
> Is there any reason "Beneficiary" isn't there?
>
> I know I can (and will) add it myself, I just
> wondered why it isn't standard.

The default event role types are:

Primary
Clergy
Celebrant
Aide
Bride
Groom
Witness
Family
Informant

I'm not sure how the defaults were chosen.  They don't correspond
directly to Gedcom ROLE_IN_EVENT tags.

Adding Executor and Beneficiary as custom types is a good idea.