Start englisch Version of gramps

Bernd Hahnebach
Hi,

I use German Version of gramps. I would like to start
English version of gramps. I remember using gramps 1.0.x the
following worked for me

hugo@rumpelkiste:~$ locale -a
POSIX
de_DE.iso885915@euro
de_DE@euro
en_GB
en_GB.iso88591
en_GB.iso885915
hugo@rumpelkiste:~$
hugo@rumpelkiste:~$ LANG=en_GB gramps

But this does not do the job any longer. Gramps starts using
something between German and English. Menus are in English,
dialog boxes in German, reports in German...

Currently I use Debian testing, KDE in German, GRAMPS 2.0.5-1.

What am I doing wrong??

Bernd Hahnebach

Re: Start englisch Version of gramps

Eero Tamminen
Hi,

On Tuesday 23 August 2005 14:04, Bernd Hahnebach wrote:

> I use German Version of gramps. I would like to start
> English version of gramps. I remember using gramps 1.0.x the
> following worked for me
>
> hugo@rumpelkiste:~$ locale -a
> POSIX
> de_DE.iso885915@euro
> de_DE@euro
> en_GB
> en_GB.iso88591
> en_GB.iso885915
> hugo@rumpelkiste:~$
> hugo@rumpelkiste:~$ LANG=en_GB gramps

Do you get any warnings to the console?

You might try: LANG=en_GB.utf-8 gramps
At least on SUSE this solved a similar problem for Finnish.

        - Eero

> But this does not do the job any longer. Gramps starts using
> something between German and English. Menus are in English,
> dialog boxes in German, reports in German...
>
> Currently I use Debian testing, KDE in German, GRAMPS 2.0.5-1.
>
> What am I doing wrong??
>

> Bernd Hahnebach

Re: Start englisch Version of gramps

Alex Roitman
Bernd,

On 08/23/2005 06:04:03 AM, Bernd Hahnebach wrote:
> hugo@rumpelkiste:~$ LANG=en_GB gramps
>
> But this does not do the job any longer.

This should work:
   $ LANG=en_GB LANGUAGE=en_GB gramps

Alex

Re: Start englisch Version of gramps