Status of Postgres backend

Richard Nairn
Hi,

I am interested in using the postgres backend as I have both a Linux
workstation and Linux laptop and I would like to use both (one at a
time) but have a common data source. I have been running it with a
remote display before, but it is faster of course to use a local native
app.

Is the postgres backend considered stable enough?

Thanks,

Richard

Re: Status of Postgres backend

Keith Jacobs

Richard

I also have both a Linux workstation and Linux laptop with a common data source, a USB drive attached to my Router.

I created, with much help from Nick Hall, a mount point on both systems for the USB drive.

I have found this works seamlessly. Although it does run quite slowly from time to time which requires a reboot of the Router occasionally. I think this is due to the buffers in the Router needing to be cleared.

I'll be pleased to provide more info if you require it.

Regards
Keith Jacobs