Strange bar on graph view person box.

Erik P. Olsen
After having installed the latest graph view plugin a fat black bar has showed op on one
person's box. It hasn't been there before so I assume it is a bug. Has anybody
experienced this anomaly? I can provide a screenshot if necessary.

--
Erik P. Olsen - Copenhagen, Denmark
Fedora 30/64 bit Linux xfce Claws-Mail POP3 Gramps 5.1.1

Re: Strange bar on graph view person box.

Ron Johnson
On 9/29/19 8:31 AM, Erik P. Olsen wrote:
> After having installed the latest graph view plugin a fat black bar has showed op on one
> person's box. It hasn't been there before so I assume it is a bug. Has anybody
> experienced this anomaly? I can provide a screenshot if necessary.

Is that person dead?  Is the bar above all dead people?

Re: Strange bar on graph view person box.

Check the Configure... options from the View menu.

Do you have the Show Tags option selected in the Layouts tab? And is that person Tagged with a black colored Tag?

-Brian

On Sun, Sep 29, 2019 at 8:33, Erik P. Olsen

On 2019-09-29 at 09:03:39 Ron Johnson wrote:

> On 9/29/19 8:31 AM, Erik P. Olsen wrote:
> > After having installed the latest graph view plugin a fat black bar has showed op on
> > one person's box. It hasn't been there before so I assume it is a bug. Has anybody
> > experienced this anomaly? I can provide a screenshot if necessary.
>
> Is that person dead?  Is the bar above all dead people?

No, she is not dead and it is not the same as the bar for dead people. Take a look  at
this screenshot:  https://drive.google.com/open?id=1azNfYi16vOZQ5h2BUHLldXVn6AnefQDF

On 2019-09-29 at 14:39:58 Emyoulation--- via Gramps-users wrote:

> Check the Configure... options from the View menu.
> Do you have the Show Tags option selected in the Layouts tab? And is that person Tagged
> with a black colored Tag?

Yes, show tags was selected and when I deselected it, the bar disappeared. Great. But I
have never used tags, so I don't know were to look for the person's tag. However,
according to me the problem is solved :-)

Thanks a lot.

--
Erik

On 9/29/19 10:42 AM, Erik P. Olsen wrote:
> On 2019-09-29 at 14:39:58 Emyoulation--- via Gramps-users wrote:
>
>> Check the Configure... options from the View menu.
>> Do you have the Show Tags option selected in the Layouts tab? And is that person Tagged
>> with a black colored Tag?
> Yes, show tags was selected and when I deselected it, the bar disappeared. Great. But I
> have never used tags, so I don't know were to look for the person's tag. However,
> according to me the problem is solved :-)

The Person Edit window should show them.

Re: Strange bar on graph view person box.

GRAMPS - User mailing list
To further abuse that expired equine...

Thanks for sharing this question. I hadn't ever looked at the Configure... Options for this Addon.  The Graph View developer(s) put some pretty cool stuff in there.

Did you notice that a roll-over hint will appear if you mouse-over those bars on the Graph View?  And if you double-click it, the Edit Person window pops up with the Tags just above Events list.

You'll likely find your stealth culprit was an auto-generated timestamp Tag created during an Import. ("Add tag on import" is the default Preferences option in the General tab. It is useful. Once I merge the import duplicates, I'll use "Organize Tags..." to flush that timestamp Tag.)

I kinda wish the default color for a new Tag was something odious rather than invisibly black. It don't think people realize how helpful Tags in Table rows can be. If you don't ever apply contrasting colors, your eyes skip over a lot.

In the same way, the Graph View default color for the "path color to home person" defaults to black... so I never noticed the feature!

-Brian

On Sun, Sep 29, 2019 at 10:52, Ron Johnson