Strange behaviour on Ubuntu desktop cube

Strange behaviour on Ubuntu desktop cube

diannereuby
I'm running GRAMPS: 4.0.3-1  on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS, using the desktop cube
(Compiz). Everything has been OK until today - when I change to the
desktop holding Gramps, it's offset so that part of the window is on the
next desktop. So if I try to move to that desktop, I get the screen with
the small sliver of gramps, not the screen with the major part of gramps.

I've had several Ubuntu system updates recently, but I haven't updated
gramps. I also haven't run gramps for some weeks, so I can't pin down
exactly when this started and therefore if an Ubuntu update is responsible.

Anyone else having this odd behaviour?

thanks,
Dianne Reuby

Re: Strange behaviour on Ubuntu desktop cube

Peter Merchant
On 07/03/15 10:40, Dianne wrote:

> I'm running GRAMPS: 4.0.3-1  on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS, using the desktop cube
> (Compiz). Everything has been OK until today - when I change to the
> desktop holding Gramps, it's offset so that part of the window is on the
> next desktop. So if I try to move to that desktop, I get the screen with
> the small sliver of gramps, not the screen with the major part of gramps.
>
> I've had several Ubuntu system updates recently, but I haven't updated
> gramps. I also haven't run gramps for some weeks, so I can't pin down
> exactly when this started and therefore if an Ubuntu update is responsible.
>
> Anyone else having this odd behaviour?
>
> thanks,
> Dianne Reuby
No problems on Kubuntu 14.04 running gramps 4.1.1-1

Last update was Thurs AM.

PM.

On 03/07/2015 06:00 AM, PeterMerchant wrote:

> On 07/03/15 10:40, Dianne wrote:
>> I'm running GRAMPS: 4.0.3-1  on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS, using the desktop cube
>> (Compiz). Everything has been OK until today - when I change to the
>> desktop holding Gramps, it's offset so that part of the window is on the
>> next desktop. So if I try to move to that desktop, I get the screen with
>> the small sliver of gramps, not the screen with the major part of gramps.
>>
>> I've had several Ubuntu system updates recently, but I haven't updated
>> gramps. I also haven't run gramps for some weeks, so I can't pin down
>> exactly when this started and therefore if an Ubuntu update is responsible.
>>
>> Anyone else having this odd behaviour?
>>
>> thanks,
>> Dianne Reuby
> No problems on Kubuntu 14.04 running gramps 4.1.1-1
>
> Last update was Thurs AM.

Does KDE use Compiz?  (Or, more specifically, have you configured all of the
whiz-bang stuff Compiz stuff?)

--
My word, man!  Don't you know your quantum statistics?

Re: Strange behaviour on Ubuntu desktop cube

On 03/07/2015 06:00 AM, PeterMerchant wrote:
> On 07/03/15 10:40, Dianne wrote:
>> I'm running GRAMPS: 4.0.3-1  on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS, using the desktop cube
>> (Compiz). Everything has been OK until today - when I change to the
>> desktop holding Gramps, it's offset so that part of the window is on the
>> next desktop. So if I try to move to that desktop, I get the screen with
>> the small sliver of gramps, not the screen with the major part of gramps.
>>
>> I've had several Ubuntu system updates recently, but I haven't updated
>> gramps. I also haven't run gramps for some weeks, so I can't pin down
>> exactly when this started and therefore if an Ubuntu update is responsible.
>>
>> Anyone else having this odd behaviour?
>>
>> thanks,
>> Dianne Reuby
> No problems on Kubuntu 14.04 running gramps 4.1.1-1
>
> Last update was Thurs AM.

Does KDE use Compiz?  (Or, more specifically, have you configured all of the
whiz-bang stuff Compiz stuff?)

No, KDE has it's own layer integrated in the window manager: Effects via System Settings->Desktop Effects

On 07/03/15 12:16, Ron Johnson wrote:
> Does KDE use Compiz?  (Or, more specifically, have you configured all of the
> whiz-bang stuff Compiz stuff?)
Sorry, don't know about KDE, haven't used it for some time. Haven't made
any Compz settings changes, and those I've got look OK - but it's only
happening on gramps, not on other programs (such as Thunderbird,
Firefox, Libre Office).

Dianne

Re: Strange behaviour on Ubuntu desktop cube

Peter (chamdo4ever)
Hi Dianne,

On Sat, Mar 7, 2015 at 5:40 AM, Dianne <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm running GRAMPS: 4.0.3-1  on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS, using the desktop cube
> (Compiz). Everything has been OK until today - when I change to the
> desktop holding Gramps, it's offset so that part of the window is on the
> next desktop. So if I try to move to that desktop, I get the screen with
> the small sliver of gramps, not the screen with the major part of gramps.
>
> I've had several Ubuntu system updates recently, but I haven't updated
> gramps. I also haven't run gramps for some weeks, so I can't pin down
> exactly when this started and therefore if an Ubuntu update is responsible.
>
> Anyone else having this odd behaviour?

For whatever it's worth, I'm running Gramps 4.0.4-1 on fully updated
Ubuntu 14.04 without issue.

Peter