Quantcast

Suggestions On Privacy Filtering

Dave Gilmore
All,

     I want to submit a GEDCOM to GEDMatch and want to make sure to
privatize my data for living relatives. I've never played with privacy
filters before. I have quite a few ancestors who have been deceased for
many years, but may not have BMD events for them. Can anyone give me
some things to watch out for? After I export the GEDCOM I plan on
importing it into an empty database to make sure it looks OK

Thanks!

Re: Suggestions On Privacy Filtering

Dave Scheipers
Hi Dave

In the export options screen, there is an option both for items marked private (items with the lock set) and for living people. In preferences, you can set what is displayed if you choose 'Replace given name' as well as if the death date is missing, how old a person must be to be considered deceased. The defaults are [living] and 110.

Create your export GEDCOM with the settings set above, then import the GEDCOM into a new blank database to actually see what the results are.

Hope this helps. Dave