Syncing files, Dropbox etc

John Paton
Hi all,

I think that I have changed my mind about writing an explanation of how
I use Dropbox. I am concerned that there may be unreasonable
expectations of what the outcome will be.

The way in which I use it is very simple and, used carefully, works for
me. However in the process of trying it out I ended up with a completely
corrupted database - actually 3 non-identical corrupted files. But I did
have a backup so I was able to recover.

The whole process takes less time to do than it would to write out an
explanation, and less time than it would take to read the resulting
explanation and most of the text would be warnings about what could go
wrong, and what not to do.

So I will now duck out of this conversation.

John Paton