TMG to Gramps - Dates

Joe Tiffin
I got tmg2gramps to work and transferred my data so now I'm trying to figure out just how Gramps works and what tweaks I need to make to my TMG data to get it to transfer properly. One thing I noticed immediately when looking at the Person Window for an individual is that Events aren't showing up in the order I expect. If I click the Date Header(producing a little down arrow) then all of the events show up in correct date order rather than some seemingly random order. Is there some way to get this to always be in correct date order so that I don't have to be clicking this continually?

Re: TMG to Gramps - Dates

Brad Rogers
On Thu, 3 Oct 2019 11:41:06 -0700
Joe Tiffin <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello Joe,

>rather than some seemingly random order. Is there some way to get this
>to always be in correct date order so that I don't have to be clicking
>this continually?

Tools Menu, Family Tree Processing,  Sort Events....

The tool has options to sort on Date, ID etc. in either ascending or
descending order.

--
 Regards  _
Does she always shout at you, does she tell you what to do

Re: TMG to Gramps - Dates

Patrick Gerlier

Le 03/10/2019 à 20:41, Joe Tiffin a écrit :
> I got tmg2gramps to work and transferred my data so now I'm trying to
> figure out just how Gramps works and what tweaks I need to make to my
> TMG data to get it to transfer properly. One thing I noticed
> immediately when looking at the Person Window for an individual is
> that Events aren't showing up in the order I expect. If I click the
> Date Header(producing a little down arrow) then all of the events show
> up in correct date order rather than some seemingly random order. Is
> there some way to get this to always be in correct date order so that
> I don't have to be clicking this continually?

You can sort "permanently" your events the way like.

My preference is to have Birth and Death at top, then all other events
in chronological order.

To achieve that, I drag and drop an event to its desired position when I
create it.

I could also, as suggested by Brad Rogers, sort the events with the
command in the Tools menus and then grab the Death event to put it in
second position.

Regards,
Patrick

Re: TMG to Gramps - Dates