This might amuse

dep

This might amuse

dep

Re: This might amuse

Peter Merchant
On 14/11/2019 23:33, dep wrote:
My little newspaper column was in part devoted to genealogy today, nd
mentions our favorite genealogy software:

https://www.athensnews.com/opinion/columns/the_view_from_mudsock_heights/kings-ancestors-villains-a-parking-lot-some-very-big-numbers/article_d3ffb69e-063f-11ea-b671-2b1765147c85.html

Maybe not:

"

451: Unavailable due to legal reasons

We recognize you are attempting to access this website from a country belonging to the European Economic Area (EEA) including the EU which enforces the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and therefore access cannot be granted at this time. For any issues, contact [hidden email] or call <a href="tel:&#43;1740-594-8219"> 740-594-8219.

"

dep

Re: This might amuse

dep
oh, right.i thought they might have fixed that. well, if you think it's worth the trouble (it probably isn't), the easiest way to handle it is to download the opera browser, which has a built-in vpn, and choose one that emerges in the u.s. -- i had to do that, picking one in europe, in order to purchase the sailfish operating system for my phone.

On Fri, Nov 15, 2019 at 3:24 AM, Peter Merchant <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 14/11/2019 23:33, dep wrote:
My little newspaper column was in part devoted to genealogy today, nd
mentions our favorite genealogy software:

https://www.athensnews.com/opinion/columns/the_view_from_mudsock_heights/kings-ancestors-villains-a-parking-lot-some-very-big-numbers/article_d3ffb69e-063f-11ea-b671-2b1765147c85.html

Maybe not:

"

451: Unavailable due to legal reasons

We recognize you are attempting to access this website from a country belonging to the European Economic Area (EEA) including the EU which enforces the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and therefore access cannot be granted at this time. For any issues, contact [hidden email] or call <a href="tel:+1740-594-8219"> 740-594-8219.

"

Re: This might amuse

Dave Scheipers
Hi Dennis

I sent Peter a pdf of the article.

According to information a cousin sent me, Elizabeth, who married as
her second husband Edward IV, Richard III's brother, is my 17th great
grandmother together with her first husband. I have not come close to
verifying the possibility that the information might be true.

She was the "White Queen" that Starz made the mini-series. about.
Every time there was a sex scene in the series I kept thinking "No!
Grammys do not have sex!".

I too saw that show where they dug up the parking lot looking for
Richard's bones.  If I remember correctly, they did a DNA test with a
known living relative to make the confirmation.

Dave

On Fri, Nov 15, 2019 at 10:02 AM dep <[hidden email]> wrote:

> oh, right.i thought they might have fixed that. well, if you think it's worth the trouble (it probably isn't), the easiest way to handle it is to download the opera browser, which has a built-in vpn, and choose one that emerges in the u.s. -- i had to do that, picking one in europe, in order to purchase the sailfish operating system for my phone.
>
> dep
> Some pictures:
> http://www.ipernity.com/doc/depscribe/album
>

> On Fri, Nov 15, 2019 at 3:24 AM, Peter Merchant <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> On 14/11/2019 23:33, dep wrote:
>
> My little newspaper column was in part devoted to genealogy today, nd
> mentions our favorite genealogy software:
>
> https://www.athensnews.com/opinion/columns/the_view_from_mudsock_heights/kings-ancestors-villains-a-parking-lot-some-very-big-numbers/article_d3ffb69e-063f-11ea-b671-2b1765147c85.html
>
> Maybe not:
>
> "
>
> 451: Unavailable due to legal reasons
>
> We recognize you are attempting to access this website from a country belonging to the European Economic Area (EEA) including the EU which enforces the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and therefore access cannot be granted at this time. For any issues, contact [hidden email] or call 740-594-8219.
>
> "

dep

Re: This might amuse

dep
said Dave Scheipers:

| I sent Peter a pdf of the article.

Thanks!

| According to information a cousin sent me, Elizabeth, who married as
| her second husband Edward IV, Richard III's brother, is my 17th great
| grandmother together with her first husband. I have not come close to
| verifying the possibility that the information might be true.

Cool -- should we call you "Old Man Rivers"?<g>

| She was the "White Queen" that Starz made the mini-series. about.
| Every time there was a sex scene in the series I kept thinking "No!
| Grammys do not have sex!".

Fortunately, they do -- that's how we got here. Once, some time ago, I
attempted to quantify the likelihood of any of us being here, how our
parents needed to meet up in that special fashion at the particular time
they did, and likewise our grandparents, great grandparents, and so on,
and concluded that it's possible to come close to proving that our chances
of ever coming into being are so infinitesimal that none of us can
possibly exist.

| I too saw that show where they dug up the parking lot looking for
| Richard's bones.  If I remember correctly, they did a DNA test with a
| known living relative to make the confirmation.

Yup, two of them in fact. Then they reburied the bones in Leichester
Cathedral. Benedict Cumberbatch even spoke at the ceremony. (And if memory
serves, competing parties fought over his skeleton -- the last fight in
the Wars of the Roses!)

On 15/11/2019 19:14, dep wrote:
> said Dave Scheipers:
>
> | I sent Peter a pdf of the article.
>
> Thanks!

Thank you both. It is most amusing, 'cousin' [probably].

Peter

64 bit GRAMPS

GRAMPS - User mailing list
Apple in their next OS Release "Catalina" is releasing a 64 bit OS geared to 64 bit applications rather then either 64 or 32 bit applications. Has GRAMPS been recompiled for 64 bit machines and if so where can I find the app.

Thank you.

Norman

Re: This might amuse

Hi Dave,

According to information a cousin sent me, Elizabeth, who married as
her second husband Edward IV, Richard III's brother, is my 17th great
grandmother together with her first husband. I have not come close to
verifying the possibility that the information might be true.

Well, if it is, we're very remote cousins, because her 1st husband, John Grey, is my 1st cousin, 16 times removed, through our common ancestor Isabel de Mowbray. And if it's true, it makes my remote cousin Winston Churchill a remote cousin to you too.

So far for English nobility. :-)

Cheers!

Re: This might amuse

Dave Scheipers
Hi Enno,

I already had Winston as a cousin but through his mother. She was one
of those American brides the English married to gain an influx of new
money to the family coffers.

As to any royal cousins, I have not yet begun to verify any of that
information. Since migrating to gramps, I am going person by person,
family by family to confirm and document the family relationship. For
the most part, these have been records on this side of the pond. I am
fleshing out what I already have. But I am also deleting branches that
I can find no supporting documentation.

As Dennis already posited, we are all related. The challenge is to
document how we are all related.

Dave