Time for a 5.0.1 release?

prculley
It was last May that we released Grams 5.0.0 so it has been over 6 months without a bug fix release.  A lot of bugs have been put on the bug tracker and dealt with, and I know some users are waiting on the first 'point' release before trying Gramps 5.0.x out.

I'd like to propose that we schedule the next release for the week of Dec 17.  I am volunteering to do the release steps and the Windows AIOs.  No one has heard from Josip for quite a while so I think this will include the 64-bit AIO release.

If you have any 'in progress' bug fixes, please try to complete them by Dec 17.  Also if you know of any older bugs that you think need attention please let me know if you don't have time to deal with them yourself.  I've been working backwards through the bug tracker and gotten a ways back, but there are a LOT of older bugs there.

With a bit of luck and some more work we can give the Gramps users a holiday present.

Paul Culley

Re: Time for a 5.0.1 release?

Nick Hall
On 05/12/2018 14:19, Paul Culley wrote:

> It was last May that we released Grams 5.0.0 so it has been over 6
> months without a bug fix release.  A lot of bugs have been put on the
> bug tracker and dealt with, and I know some users are waiting on the
> first 'point' release before trying Gramps 5.0.x out.
>
> I'd like to propose that we schedule the next release for the week of
> Dec 17.  I am volunteering to do the release steps and the Windows
> AIOs.  No one has heard from Josip for quite a while so I think this
> will include the 64-bit AIO release.
>
> If you have any 'in progress' bug fixes, please try to complete them
> by Dec 17.  Also if you know of any older bugs that you think need
> attention please let me know if you don't have time to deal with them
> yourself.  I've been working backwards through the bug tracker and
> gotten a ways back, but there are a LOT of older bugs there.
>
> With a bit of luck and some more work we can give the Gramps users a
> holiday present.

I have already given the go ahead for the 5.0.1 maintenance release.

https://github.com/gramps-project/gramps/pull/673#issuecomment-442653402

Sometime in the week commencing 17th is would be good if John and Ross
have time.

Thanks for all your bug fixes.  If necessary, I can merge any last
minute fixes without waitng the usual week for comments.

Re: Time for a 5.0.1 release?

Ross Gammon
On 12/5/18 3:57 PM, Nick Hall wrote:
> Sometime in the week commencing 17th is would be good if John and Ross
> have time.

No problems for me.

Re: Time for a 5.0.1 release?

John Ralls-2

> On Dec 5, 2018, at 10:23 AM, Ross Gammon <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> On 12/5/18 3:57 PM, Nick Hall wrote:
>> Sometime in the week commencing 17th is would be good if John and Ross
>> have time.
>
> No problems for me.

Nor for me.

Regards,
John Ralls

Re: Time for a 5.0.1 release?

prculley
I have done the preliminary work for a Gramps release of 5.0.1.  Now its time to get those packages done.  I'll be starting on the Windows AIO immediately, but I hope that John Ralls and Ross can get their parts done soon.

Happy Holidays.

Paul C.

On Wed, Dec 5, 2018 at 3:35 PM John Ralls <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Dec 5, 2018, at 10:23 AM, Ross Gammon <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> On 12/5/18 3:57 PM, Nick Hall wrote:
>> Sometime in the week commencing 17th is would be good if John and Ross
>> have time.
>
> No problems for me.

Nor for me.

Regards,
John Ralls

Re: Time for a 5.0.1 release?

Nick Hall
On 20/12/2018 17:35, Paul Culley wrote:
> I have done the preliminary work for a Gramps release of 5.0.1.  Now
> its time to get those packages done.  I'll be starting on the Windows
> AIO immediately, but I hope that John Ralls and Ross can get their
> parts done soon.

Thanks Paul.

A nice Christmas present for all our users!

Best wishes for Christmas and the New Year,

Re: Time for a 5.0.1 release?

Ross Gammon
On it now :-)