To do reports for places

Philip Weiss
Question for everyone,

I'm playing around with the To Do gramplet to start recording research plans.  I hit upon the idea of linking a To Do note to a place as well as the person and/or event.  Specifically, if I need to photograph a grave for Joseph Weiss, I can create a To Do note with the gramplet on Joseph Weiss, and also link it from Resurrection Cemetery place.  So I can look at Resurrection Cemetery and see a list of To Do notes of graves I need to photograph the next time I am there.

So here's the question: Using existing add-ons, is there a way I can print out all the To Do notes for a set of places along with the name of the place?  I'd like to create a filter of "All Cemeteries in Grant County, Wisconsin" and then print the To Dos for it.

The To Do report uses tags rather than note type like the Gramplet does.  And it doesn't seem to have a way to apply a filter to limit notes attached to specific objects.  It prints ALL to do notes.

So, can I do this with existing stuff?  Or do I need to try my hand at writing a new report?

Thanks,
Philip.

Re: To do reports for places

Dave Scheipers
Hi Philip

The key is that the ToDo report filters by tags.  I created a tag
"ToDo Print". So long as all TODO notes have the tag,, they will
print.

You get different result if the ToDo note is shared with the Person
and Cemetery of if they are different Notes.

There is also the Place Report. Select the  Cemetery and it will print
everyone buried there. An option to consider.

Dave