Tweaking the Relationships Calculator

Renaud (Ron) OLGIATI

When running the Relationships Calculator, I have one big window (21 lines) with the families and individuals list, and a small one underneath (3 lines) for the relationships results.

Is there a way to resize those ? When running the relationship calculator with a remote ancestor, reading the results 3 lines at a time is a bit painful.

Or is there a way to send the result of the relationship calculator to a file ?

Cheers,

Ron.
--
                              What is a magician
                         but a practising theorist ?

                   -- http://www.olgiati-in-paraguay.org --

Re: Tweaking the Relationships Calculator

Rich Lakey
I have changed it. The change is different between 4.2.8 and 5.0.1

Which one do you have? For 5.0.1 in Linux:

size of Relationship calculator window
relcalc.glade @
/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/gramps/plugins/tool/relcalc.glade

line 120?????????????? <property name="expand">False</property>

change to:

line 120?????????????? <property name="expand">True</property>

You can them drag the window to the size you want and it will be
remembered. The top and the bottom half will be the same size.

Rich

On 4/30/19 2:04 PM, Renaud (Ron) OLGIATI wrote:
> When running the Relationships Calculator, I have one big window (21 lines) with the families and individuals list, and a small one underneath (3 lines) for the relationships results.
>
> Is there a way to resize those ? When running the relationship calculator with a remote ancestor, reading the results 3 lines at a time is a bit painful.
>
> Or is there a way to send the result of the relationship calculator to a file ?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Ron.

Re: Tweaking the Relationships Calculator

Renaud (Ron) OLGIATI
On Tue, 30 Apr 2019 16:37:10 -0500
Rich Lakey <[hidden email]> wrote:

> > When running the Relationships Calculator, I have one big window (21 lines) with the families and individuals list, and a small one underneath (3 lines) for the relationships results.
> > Is there a way to resize those ? When running the relationship calculator with a remote ancestor, reading the results 3 lines at a time is a bit painful.
> > Or is there a way to send the result of the relationship calculator to a file ?

> I have changed it. The change is different between 4.2.8 and 5.0.1
> Which one do you have? For 5.0.1 in Linux:
> size of Relationship calculator window
> relcalc.glade @
> /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/gramps/plugins/tool/relcalc.glade
> line 120  <property name="expand">False</property>
> change to:
> line 120  <property name="expand">True</property>
> You can them drag the window to the size you want and it will be
> remembered. The top and the bottom half will be the same size.

Thank you; had to hunt down relcalc.gladej, which in my distro (PCLinusOS) hides in  /usr/lib/python3.6/, but apart from that it works perfectly.

Tanks again,

Ron.
--
                       Monday is the root of all evil.