Ubuntu Bionic Beaver: image zoom no longer working

Ubuntu Bionic Beaver: image zoom no longer working

Philip Weiss
I switched to the latest version of Ubuntu (Bionic Beaver, running X, not Wayland).  After doing this, I can't seem to find a way to zoom images in the Gramps media reference editor.  I used to be able to do that with the mouse scroll wheel.  Scroll wheel is working for other stuff, but not for that.

Does anyone have any ideas?  Did I missed installing an obvious library or dependency?

Phil.

Re: Ubuntu Bionic Beaver: image zoom no longer working

prculley
For me it is still working if I hold the mouse over the large image when I use the mouse scroll wheel.  Gramps does need to be active.

I suggest you either create a bug report with the "Gramps -v" results, or at a minimum add the "Gramps -v" results to this email stream.  That way the developers can try to recreate the issue in the same environment.

And were you using a development version of Bionic Beaver, or the up to date release version?

Paul C.

On Tue, May 8, 2018 at 7:59 PM, Philip Weiss <[hidden email]> wrote:
I switched to the latest version of Ubuntu (Bionic Beaver, running X, not Wayland).  After doing this, I can't seem to find a way to zoom images in the Gramps media reference editor.  I used to be able to do that with the mouse scroll wheel.  Scroll wheel is working for other stuff, but not for that.

Does anyone have any ideas?  Did I missed installing an obvious library or dependency?

Phil.

Re: Ubuntu Bionic Beaver: image zoom no longer working

Philip Weiss
I generally don't file bug reports until I know if I screwed something up, which is why I am asking here.  I don't like to treat the bug database as a support channel.  I probably will file a report soonish though as it's looking like not a screwup on my part.

The differences are that Bionic made python 3.6 the default and there's no such package as libgcv6.  I don't know what changes are in the GTK included with Bionic.

Gramps -v results:
/home/kingrat/bin/gramps/gramps/grampsapp.py:203: PyGIWarning: Gtk was imported without specifying a version first. Use gi.require_version('Gtk', '3.0') before import to ensure that the right version gets loaded.
  from gi.repository import Gtk
Gramps Settings:
----------------
 python    : 3.6.5