Unstable 2.1.3 released

Don Allingham
Version 2.1.3 of the unstable development branch has been released and
is available for download at SourceForge. As with all unstable releases,
do not use this on your golden database. Make a backup copy first. If
you are upgrading from a previous 2.1 release, export your data to XML
before upgrading.

Screenshots can be found at http://gramps-project.org/whats_new/

Verison 2.1.3
* Add user defined custom types to appropriate menus
* Select Place dialog replaces text entry of places
* Icon improvements
* Improved navigation in Pedigree View
* Fully functional side bar filter
* Bookmarks for all object types saved and loaded (XML)
* Marker colors are adjustable
* Bug fixes

Re: Unstable 2.1.3 released

Steve Hall-4
On Sun, 2006-05-21 at 17:31 -0600, Don Allingham wrote:

> Screenshots can be found at http://gramps-project.org/whats_new/

HA! The caption for the Windows screenshot kills me:

  "Several people are investigating packaging GRAMPS 2.1/2.2 for
  legacy platforms."

--
Steve Hall  [ digitect mindspring com ]

Re: Unstable 2.1.3 released

Duncan Lithgow
On Sun, 2006-05-21 at 23:15 -0400, Steve Hall wrote:
> On Sun, 2006-05-21 at 17:31 -0600, Don Allingham wrote:
> >
> > Screenshots can be found at http://gramps-project.org/whats_new/
>
> HA! The caption for the Windows screenshot kills me:
>
>   "Several people are investigating packaging GRAMPS 2.1/2.2 for
>   legacy platforms."
I thought it was quite funny too. But I don't think it's accurate, and
it probably won't help those of us hoping to get windows users
interested in using gramps.

Is there any chance you guys could use another less controversial
insult? I like "Open windows to let the bugs in" or just saying:

"Several people are investigating packaging GRAMPS 2.1/2.2 for the
proprietary and restrictive windows platform."

Duncan