Untranslated strings in Calendar.py (2.0.x)

Untranslated strings in Calendar.py (2.0.x)

Stefan Björk-2
Hello.

Working on the swedish translation for the upcoming 2.0.11 release, I
recognize that there are quite a few untranslated strings in
Calendar.py. Is this a bug or a feature? :-)

Stefan

Re: Untranslated strings in Calendar.py (2.0.x)

Alex Roitman
On Thu, 2006-04-13 at 12:12 +0200, Stefan Björk wrote:
> Working on the swedish translation for the upcoming 2.0.11 release, I
> recognize that there are quite a few untranslated strings in
> Calendar.py. Is this a bug or a feature? :-)

Must be a bug. Can you either send a patch or post which
strings are not translated?

Alex

Re: Untranslated strings in Calendar.py (2.0.x)

Stefan Björk
>>Working on the swedish translation for the upcoming 2.0.11 release, I
>>recognize that there are quite a few untranslated strings in
>>Calendar.py. Is this a bug or a feature? :-)
>
> Must be a bug. Can you either send a patch or post which
> strings are not translated?

In class CalendarOptions, things looks like this:

             CheckWidget(self, label = _("Use maiden names"),
                         name = "maiden_name",
                         value = 1,
                         help = "Use married women's maiden name.",
                         valid_text = "Select to use married women's
maiden name.",
                         ),

I was thinking that the 'help' field could be translated? The same
applies to all widgets and stuff in class CalendarOptions.

Stefan

Re: Untranslated strings in Calendar.py (2.0.x)

Alex Roitman
Stefan,

On Sat, 2006-04-15 at 10:37 +0200, Stefan Björk wrote:

> In class CalendarOptions, things looks like this:
>
>              CheckWidget(self, label = _("Use maiden names"),
>                          name = "maiden_name",
>                          value = 1,
>                          help = "Use married women's maiden name.",
>                          valid_text = "Select to use married women's
> maiden name.",
>                          ),
>
> I was thinking that the 'help' field could be translated? The same
> applies to all widgets and stuff in class CalendarOptions.
These are the strings only visible from the command line.
We have a policy of not translating those. Most of the users won't
see them anyway. Whoever works with the CLI can probably handle
English messages. Translating those would be a huge burden on
translators with no gain for 99% of the users.

The only string visible in GUI is label, and it is translated.
So it's OK :-)

Alex