Quantcast

Upgrade to Allura

Brian Matherly
Devs,

In the next day or two, our sourceforge site will be upgraded to the new Allura platform. You can read about it here:
https://sourceforge.net/p/upgrade/
https://sourceforge.net/p/allura/wiki/Features/

Most of the changes won't matter to us because we use our own issue tracker and Wiki. However, one change will affect us all: the subversion repository URL will be changed. After the upgrade is complete, you will receive an e-mail with the new SVN url. It will probably be easiest for you to just check out a new working copy at that time.

~Brian

Re: Upgrade to Allura

Note, if all sourceforge projects have this upgrade, then maybe to also check urls for handling addons on code (3.4.x, trunk) after modifications (SVN url)?

http://sourceforge.net/projects/gramps-addons/

http://p.sf.net/sfu/newrelic-dev2dev

-----La pièce jointe associée suit-----

http://p.sf.net/sfu/newrelic-dev2dev
-----La pièce jointe associée suit-----

Re: Upgrade to Allura

Tim Lyons
Administrator
Brian Matherly wrote
In the next day or two, our sourceforge site will be upgraded to the new Allura platform.

Most of the changes won't matter to us because we use our own issue tracker and Wiki. However, one change will affect us all: the subversion repository URL will be changed. After the upgrade is complete, you will receive an e-mail with the new SVN url. It will probably be easiest for you to just check out a new working copy at that time.
I got the email 10 Oct 2012 (02:50 BST) from SourceForge to say that I would get an email to say the upgrade had been completed. It is now 5 days later, and apparently the upgrade has not been completed yet.

Any idea how long they expected the upgrade to take?

Oh well, I suppose it is a free service (don't look a gift horse in the mouth) but it is just as well there was nothing urgent going on (like a release or something).

Re: Upgrade to Allura

Paul Franklin-5
On 10/15/12, Tim Lyons <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Brian Matherly wrote
>> In the next day or two, our sourceforge site will be upgraded to the new
>> Allura platform.
>>
>> Most of the changes won't matter to us because we use our own issue
>> tracker and Wiki. However, one change will affect us all: the subversion
>> repository URL will be changed. After the upgrade is complete, you will
>> receive an e-mail with the new SVN url. It will probably be easiest for
>> you to just check out a new working copy at that time.
>
> I got the email 10 Oct 2012 (02:50 BST) from SourceForge to say that I
> would
> get an email to say the upgrade had been completed. It is now 5 days later,
> and apparently the upgrade has not been completed yet.
>
> Any idea how long they expected the upgrade to take?
>
> Oh well, I suppose it is a free service (don't look a gift horse in the
> mouth) but it is just as well there was nothing urgent going on (like a
> release or something).

Yes, I had wondered about the same sorts of things.

I specifically wondered if the "old" SourceForge site would
be "locked" in the meantime, to prevent updates to it.  But
since I see that updates have happened, I now wonder if
those updates will be transferred to the "new" site/tree?
Or will they be lost?  Or is it the case that the update has
already happened but that the URL was transferred also,
so that we don't notice any difference?  Etc.

p.s. Does it matter that "gramps 3.1.1 released" (from
3/2009) is the newest at sourceforge.net/p/gramps/news/ ?
Or that sourceforge.net/p/gramps/wiki/Home/ has example
pages from 3.0.x and 3.1.1 ?  (I assume "yes" and "no".)

Re: Upgrade to Allura

Brian Matherly
>Brian Matherly wrote

>> In the next day or two, our sourceforge site will be upgraded to the new
>> Allura platform.
>>
>> Most of the changes won't matter to us because we use our own issue
>> tracker and Wiki. However, one change will affect us all: the subversion
>> repository URL will be changed. After the upgrade is complete, you will
>> receive an e-mail with the new SVN url. It will probably be easiest for
>> you to just check out a new working copy at that time.
>
>I got the email 10 Oct 2012 (02:50 BST) from SourceForge to say that I would
>get an email to say the upgrade had been completed. It is now 5 days later,
>and apparently the upgrade has not been completed yet.
>
>Any idea how long they expected the upgrade to take?
>
>Oh well, I suppose it is a free service (don't look a gift horse in the
>mouth) but it is just as well there was nothing urgent going on (like a
>release or something).

I received an email the other day with this message:

"Forking/cloning repo code in project gramps from http://gramps.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/gramps failed. The SourceForge engineering team has been notified."

I've been waiting patiently for the following reasons:
1) We aren't in a particular hurry to get converted
2) The old repo is still working fine
3) It looks like this is an issue that affects others: https://sourceforge.net/p/forge/site-support/961/

I suspect that one day we will all wake up and it will be done. But if it drags on too long, I might submit an issue.

~Brian

Re: Upgrade to Allura

2012/10/15 Paul Franklin <[hidden email]>

p.s. Does it matter that "gramps 3.1.1 released" (from
3/2009) is the newest at sourceforge.net/p/gramps/news/ ?
Or that sourceforge.net/p/gramps/wiki/Home/ has example
pages from 3.0.x and 3.1.1 ?  (I assume "yes" and "no".)

wiki on sourceforge should be disabled, so if it is open, we should close it again. Don't know where the news on sourceforge comes from. That is something we should update.