Upgrading from 4.1.2 to 4.1.3

Ian

Upgrading from 4.1.2 to 4.1.3

Ian
Hi There
Need some help on above subject.
Which version do I download as its not clear.
Currently running Ubuntu 14.04LTS 64bit.
Next I guess depending on what version how do I install it bearing inmind I am not a skilled linux operator
Ian

Re: Upgrading from 4.1.2 to 4.1.3

Hivernat Emmanuel
Hello,

I'm running GRAMPS: 4.1.3-1 for my working database on Ubuntu 14.04LTS 64bit
I have no problem with it.
I think you must wait a little more for the new verion 4.2 still in beta version

Best Regards

Le 11/07/2015 08:56, Ian a écrit :
Hi There
Need some help on above subject.
Which version do I download as its not clear.
Currently running Ubuntu 14.04LTS 64bit.
Next I guess depending on what version how do I install it bearing inmind I am not a skilled linux operator
Ian

https://www.gigenetcloud.com/

Re: Upgrading from 4.1.2 to 4.1.3

Go to this web page:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/gramps/files/Stable/4.1.3/python-gramps_4.1.3_all.deb/download

It will automatically download v4.1.3 for you.

Then open up a terminal window and paste in these two commands:
cd Downloads
sudo dpkg -i python-gramps_4.1.3_all.deb

That will automagically upgrade you from v4.1.2 to v4.1.3 *without* needing to uninstall v4.1.2.

--
"Where it is a duty to worship the sun it is pretty sure to be a
crime to examine the laws of heat." Christopher Morley

Re: Upgrading from 4.1.2 to 4.1.3

Peter Merchant
Hi Ron, I am currently running 4.1.1-1 on kubuntu 14.04.

Do you think  I can upgrade using these instructions skipping 4.1.2 without problems?

Peter M.

On 11/07/15 15:34, Ron Johnson wrote:
Go to this web page:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/gramps/files/Stable/4.1.3/python-gramps_4.1.3_all.deb/download

It will automatically download v4.1.3 for you.

Then open up a terminal window and paste in these two commands:
cd Downloads
sudo dpkg -i python-gramps_4.1.3_all.deb

That will automagically upgrade you from v4.1.2 to v4.1.3 *without* needing to uninstall v4.1.2.

On 07/11/2015 01:56 AM, Ian wrote:
Hi There
Need some help on above subject.
Which version do I download as its not clear.
Currently running Ubuntu 14.04LTS 64bit.
Next I guess depending on what version how do I install it bearing inmind I am not a skilled linux operator
Ian

Re: Upgrading from 4.1.2 to 4.1.3

Nick Hall
I agree.  You can upgrade from v4.1.1 to v4.1.3 directly.

There is no change to the database schema, but I would always make a backup before upgrading.

Nick.

On 11/07/15 16:40, Ron Johnson wrote:
Yes.   (Well, not with metaphysical certitude, but if I ran v4.1.1, then I would skip to v4.1.3 without hesitation.)

On 07/11/2015 10:19 AM, PeterMerchant wrote:
Hi Ron, I am currently running 4.1.1-1 on kubuntu 14.04.

Do you think  I can upgrade using these instructions skipping 4.1.2 without problems?

Peter M.

On 11/07/15 15:34, Ron Johnson wrote:
Go to this web page:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/gramps/files/Stable/4.1.3/python-gramps_4.1.3_all.deb/download

It will automatically download v4.1.3 for you.

Then open up a terminal window and paste in these two commands:
cd Downloads
sudo dpkg -i python-gramps_4.1.3_all.deb

That will automagically upgrade you from v4.1.2 to v4.1.3 *without* needing to uninstall v4.1.2.

Re: Upgrading from 4.1.2 to 4.1.3

Emmanuel,

> I think you must wait a little more for the new verion
 4.2 still in beta version

Did you test any beta versions for 4.2?
We could quickly release the final version!

If you do not want to upgrade to this new major version, and only help to test it,
maybe just "copy" one Family Tree via the Family Trees manager (dialog),
then test one beta with this "copy". Or just import a set of data (or a backup)
into a new Family Tree.

This might give an overview of the behavior[1] into the new major
release, before an upgrade.

[1] https://gramps-project.org/wiki/index.php?title=Gramps_4.2_Wiki_Manual_-_What%27s_new%3F#Visible_changes_to_the_core

Jérôme

 Objet: Re: [Gramps-users] Upgrading from 4.1.2 to 4.1.3
 À: [hidden email]
 Date: Samedi 11 juillet 2015, 12h43

 Ian a écrit :

       Hi There

         Need some help on above subject.

         Which version do I download as its not clear.

         Currently running Ubuntu 14.04LTS 64bit.

         Next I guess depending on what version how do I
 install it
         bearing inmind I am not a skilled linux operator

         Ian

 GigeNET's Cloud Solutions provide you with the tools and
 support that
 you need to offload your IT needs and focus on growing your
 business.
 https://www.gigenetcloud.com/

 -----La pièce jointe associée suit-----

 Don't Limit Your Business. Reach for the
 Cloud.
 GigeNET's Cloud Solutions provide
 you with the tools and support that
 you need
 to offload your IT needs and focus on growing your
 business.
 Configured For All Businesses.
 Start Your Cloud Today.