Using Google Drive for media

Richard Nairn
I tend to use Google Drive to store all of the documents I find, instead
of using the local media. I am curious if anyone else does this and how
they reference it within Gramps.

I tend to do my research from many different locations so it is the
easiest place to be central, and I can also share my sources with other
members of my family.

Do you just use a URL attribute for a shareable link?

Thanks.

Re: Using Google Drive for media

Patrice Legoux
Hi Richard,

I know this isn't exactly what you are looking for but...

A yesterday try using trello and html code notes to include hardcopy images from sources into my online tree:

- my grand father entry where I made the try: https://gw.geneanet.org/patricelegoux?lang=fr&n=legoux&oc=0&p=andre

- my genealogical presentation trello from where sources citations images are coming: http://bit.ly/GenealogiePatriceLegouxTrello

- or this chat on gramps French forum where this idea is born: https://www.geneanet.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=627254&start=15

...may be some ideas for you.

Cheers,

 Patrice

On 5/23/19 3:41 PM, Richard Nairn wrote:
I tend to use Google Drive to store all of the documents I find, instead of using the local media. I am curious if anyone else does this

I'd never do it.  My files are my own, and the people who run Cloud services change their policies on a shockingly regular basis.

Mass storage is stunningly cheap; store your files on your own PC and external backup drive.