Viewing PDF Documents

Boris M Struk

Good morning,

I've searched for an answer but it eludes me.

When I've highlighted a person and select the Gallery tabe at the bottom of the screen, doubble clicking on a PDF opens the document.

However, if I open the person and the Gallery tab and double click the same PDF, the Media Reference Editor opens up and the PDF cannot be opened.

Is this a GRAMPS issue or my Windows config?

Welcome any advice.

Boris

Re: Viewing PDF Documents

Tom Hughes
On 10/01/2019 05:11, Boris M Struk wrote:

> However, if I open the person and the Gallery tab and double click the
> same PDF, the Media Reference Editor opens up and the PDF cannot be opened.

Right click and select view from the menu.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes ([hidden email])
http://compton.nu/

Re: Viewing PDF Documents

Boris M Struk
On 10 Jan 2019 at 7:06, Tom Hughes wrote:

On 10/01/2019 05:11, Boris M Struk wrote:

> However, if I open the person and the Gallery tab and double click
the
> same PDF, the Media Reference Editor opens up and the PDF cannot be
opened.

Right click and select view from the menu.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes ([hidden email])
http://compton.nu/

---Thanks Tom for your swift advice. This works which is great, but for consistency of behavior (across many platforms) a double click was / is the obvious choice.

Boris

Re: Viewing PDF Documents

Ron Johnson
On 1/10/19 2:30 AM, Boris M Struk wrote:
On 10 Jan 2019 at 7:06, Tom Hughes wrote:

On 10/01/2019 05:11, Boris M Struk wrote:

> However, if I open the person and the Gallery tab and double click
the
> same PDF, the Media Reference Editor opens up and the PDF cannot be
opened.

Right click and select view from the menu.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes ([hidden email])

---Thanks Tom for your swift advice. This works which is great, but for consistency of behavior (across many platforms) a double click was / is the obvious choice.

That's true, but it's a lot harder (impossible?) to embed a PDF viewer into gramps, but "relatively" easy to embed an image viewer.

A general tip is always to right-click when left-click doesn't work.

Re: Viewing PDF Documents

Boris M Struk

On 10 Jan 2019 at 8:38, Ron Johnson wrote:

On 1/10/19 2:30 AM, Boris M Struk wrote:
On 10 Jan 2019 at 7:06, Tom Hughes wrote:

On 10/01/2019 05:11, Boris M Struk wrote:

> However, if I open the person and the Gallery tab and double click
the
> same PDF, the Media Reference Editor opens up and the PDF cannot be
opened.

Right click and select view from the menu.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes ([hidden email])

---Thanks Tom for your swift advice. This works which is great, but for consistency of behavior (across many platforms) a double click was / is the obvious choice.

That's true, but it's a lot harder (impossible?) to embed a PDF viewer into gramps, but "relatively" easy to embed an image viewer.

A general tip is always to right-click when left-click doesn't work.

Thanks for the explanation Tom. Much appreciated.

Boris

Re: Viewing PDF Documents

On 10/01/2019 08:30, Boris M Struk wrote:
This works which is great, but for consistency of behavior (across many platforms) a double click was / is the obvious choice.

A double-click usually performs the default action.  In an editor, this is to edit the object, not to view it.