WFT format

KimFella
Is there something that opens a WFT file and shows a Web Family Tree?
I got a 'Gramps Hint' today saying I can export in Web Family Tree format so
I tried it. I dragged and dropped it onto Firefox and got a long list of
names with in no apparent order.  I tried "View Page Source" and it appeared
unchanged. I then opened it in Dreamweaver and got essentially the same
thing. Neither one showed any markup language, nothing that would make any
sense of the data.

Here is a cut and paste of some of what I got (there is no sense me loading
all of it unless someone can identify some markup I don't see).

David Ulrichsen;Jan Ulrichsen;Caroline Leacock;;;
William Edward Burrowes;;;;;1872-30/12/1957
Barbara Ulrichsen;Jan Ulrichsen;Caroline Leacock;;;
Kent Charles Leacock;Peter Leacock;Jean Ashling;;;1949
George Frederic Kimball;;;;;1908-
Margaret Burrowes Mrs. Buchanan;George Kimball;Agnes Burrowes;;;22/2/1950
Tom Shepperd;Harry Shepperd;Agnes Leacock;;;1900
Thomas James Leacock;Walter Leacock;Agnes Butler;;;1868-

What I was hoping this export would give was an indented list starting with
A.E. Leacock, with her children indented one level and her grandchildren
indented another level, great grandchildren a third level, etc.etc. And
present that with appropriate html to be able to drop it on a browser page.
What would be really nice would be an HTML web page of a descendant chart.
Maybe I'm just looking in the wrong place?

Re: WFT format

Ron Johnson
On 5/19/19 12:11 PM, KimFella wrote:
Is there something that opens a WFT file and shows a Web Family Tree?
I got a 'Gramps Hint' today saying I can export in Web Family Tree format so
I tried it. I dragged and dropped it onto Firefox and got a long list of
names with in no apparent order.  I tried "View Page Source" and it appeared
unchanged. I then opened it in Dreamweaver and got essentially the same
thing. Neither one showed any markup language, nothing that would make any
sense of the data.

Web Family Tree is a program that imports files in a specific format.

[...]

Even when a graphical report doesn't natively export to html, you can create an html file by converting the Gramps output (OpenDocument Text, for example) to html.