Web Sites?

David Liell-2
Where do users store their Family History. I used to use Family Tree
Maker but need a new site for Gramps. Currently, I'm using Google which
seems OK.

David

Re: Web Sites?

Benny Malengier
Normally you can have some webspace with your provider to store websites.

If not possible, the gramps-project offers hosting of family trees made with GRAMPS for free: http://library.gramps-project.org/
To request it: http://library.gramps-project.org/

Benny

2008/8/27 David Liell <[hidden email]>
Where do users store their Family History. I used to use Family Tree
Maker but need a new site for Gramps. Currently, I'm using Google which
seems OK.

David

Re: Web Sites?

Perkins, Jerry-3
David Liell wrote:
> Where do users store their Family History. I used to use Family Tree
> Maker but need a new site for Gramps. Currently, I'm using Google which
> seems OK.

   I store a web copy on my own home computer.   This copy has all the
information, living not blocked out.   But there are no links to it.
Only family that I have sent the path to know where it is.   I do change
the directory name once in a while just for security.
   I also have a very old copy on my hosted site, jperkins.us.   Cost
about $50 per year.

--
Jerry Perkins
Home page = http://jperkins.us/

Re: Web Sites?

Laura Mellen
Years and years ago I put up a familytreemaker site. Since then, my email has changed and so I have no way of editing the page. It's very, very outdated. I do have a regular website through Geocities where I list a few of the names but that's it. I hope someday to have something created by using GRAMPS. It's beginning to look like that will be a ways in the future but it would be nice. I just don't have the time right now. Meanwhile...that outdated site is out there forever, lol!
Laura