Where are these information stored: bokmark, Report Properties, Styles

Where are these information stored: bokmark, Report Properties, Styles

dave.khuon@gmail.com

Hi everyone,

I have a little question, just in case you have answers.  I have been testing different versions of gramps on 3 different platforms: win 10, linux, and virt-box linux, to see which fails, and which works.

I am having a hard time keeping these settings the same on all my platforms:

1.       Report settings

2.       Report styles

3.       Bookmark settings

How or where are they stored: in the database, or independent XML files?  It seems they don’t get passed through the export / import functions.

I would help if I can hand-extract them from 1 platform, and carry them (copy / paste) to the other platform.

Thanks.

dave

Re: Where are these information stored: bokmark, Report Properties, Styles

prculley
The books.xml, report_options.xml, tool_options.xml and possibly a few other xml files are stored in the "C:\Users\you\AppData\Roaming\gramps" on Windows, and in "~/.gramps" on Linux.

If you have custom filters, they are stored in the custom_filters.xml file in the gramps42 (or gramps50 if you have a 5.0.0 version installed) sub-directory of the above listed directories.

The various .ini files in both places also store a lot of file names (with the corresponding system directory layout), other preferences and window sizes/positions etc., which you should NOT copy between systems.

Paul C.

On Sat, Jan 27, 2018 at 2:33 AM, Dave Khuon <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi everyone,

I have a little question, just in case you have answers.  I have been testing different versions of gramps on 3 different platforms: win 10, linux, and virt-box linux, to see which fails, and which works.

I am having a hard time keeping these settings the same on all my platforms:

1.       Report settings

2.       Report styles

3.       Bookmark settings

How or where are they stored: in the database, or independent XML files?  It seems they don’t get passed through the export / import functions.

I would help if I can hand-extract them from 1 platform, and carry them (copy / paste) to the other platform.

Thanks.

dave

Re: Where are these information stored: bokmark, Report Properties, Styles

prculley
If you are interested in the most up to date code for the upcoming Gramps5.0.0-beta1, you need to look at maintenance/gramps50.  This branch is supposed to be feature frozen, so only bug fixes are applied (there are exceptions to this rule for certain developers).  Master branch is for new features, but is usually a bit behind, since we periodically merge bug fixes etc. from gramps50 to master.

For upcoming Gramps4.2.7, the latest code is in maintenance/gramps42.

PRs are usually branches off of one of the above, often stored in the developers individual repository; they get merged in when accepted.