Where should I put design notes?

Paul Smith

All,

I’ve been extending the Narrated Web Report to use Walker/Buchheim trees to display the Ancestry tree instead of the basic ‘binary layout’ and I want to know where to put some design notes.  I want to document both what I’ve done and what I’ve learnt about the way the current algorithm and layout works.

So is there some existing documentation that I’ve not come across or is this new ground in which case, where do I put them and what source format (plain text? Sphinx source?) should I create them in?

Thanks,

Paul DS.

Re: Where should I put design notes?

prculley
You might consider creating a wiki article.  https://gramps-project.org/wiki/index.php?title=Main_page
I hope you plan to set up your changes as a new Addon or submit them for inclusion in Gramps.  There are articles on the wiki about doing these things as well.

Paul C.

On Mon, Feb 12, 2018 at 2:21 AM, Paul Smith <[hidden email]> wrote:

All,

I’ve been extending the Narrated Web Report to use Walker/Buchheim trees to display the Ancestry tree instead of the basic ‘binary layout’ and I want to know where to put some design notes.  I want to document both what I’ve done and what I’ve learnt about the way the current algorithm and layout works.

So is there some existing documentation that I’ve not come across or is this new ground in which case, where do I put them and what source format (plain text? Sphinx source?) should I create them in?

Thanks,

Paul DS.

Re: Where should I put design notes?

Nick Hall
On 12/02/18 14:02, Paul Culley wrote:
> You might consider creating a wiki article.

Yes.  That would be very useful.

It could be put in the Developers/References category.