Where to put address in place

Jon Schewe
I see that I can add a GPS location, however where is a good place to put an address? My best guess is in the Alternate Names section.

Thank you
Jon Schewe

Re: Where to put address in place

Ron Johnson
On 11/30/2018 06:56 PM, Jon Schewe wrote:
> I see that I can add a GPS location, however where is a good place to put
> an address? My best guess is in the Alternate Names section.

Here's a recent thread on addresses.

https://sourceforge.net/p/gramps/mailman/gramps-users/thread/20740952-6ee8-6ccb-a442-700d531830ad%40silmaril.ie/#msg36467398

Re: Where to put address in place

GRAMPS - User mailing list
What's the downside of using the Addresses tab in the Edit Person dialog? It looks like it's intended for mailing list use rather than record keeping.

But if mailing address data fields exist already, shouldn't they be used instead custom fields? There's a chance shared reports will be created for built-in address fields. There's no chance for custom fields.

https://gramps-project.org/wiki/index.php/Gramps_5.0_Wiki_Manual_-_Entering_and_editing_data:_detailed_-_part_1#Addresses

On Fri, Nov 30, 2018 at 19:33, Ron Johnson