Where to report wrong translation in Gramps?

Where to report wrong translation in Gramps?

StoltHD
I found a rather serious translation fault in the Norwegian translation of the GUI field labels.

In "Repository reference Editor" in the english verion field number 2 in "Reference Information" The field name is "Call number:"

This is translateted to "Telefonnummer" in the Norwegian version... problem is, "Telefonnummer" in Norwegian is "Phone number" in english.

"Call number" will be "Arkivnummer" (archive number) or "Arkiv referansenummer" in Norwegian, not "Telefonnummer"...

Question 2:
Is it any easy way to change this?

Jaran

Re: Where to report wrong translation in Gramps?

StoltHD
I have not looked at the no_ny (nynorsk) translation, not using it... and in the rest of the places for the (bokmål) it looks right...

Its only where its the "Call number" for repository reference thats wrong as I can see...

It might be other things thats not 100% correct norwegian genealogy language elsewhere, but I have not gone through every sentence...

I just så this and the meaning of the two words are quite diffferent...
As it will be in english...
"Call number" vs. "Phone number"

Tried to look it up in the po file, but couldnt find it... so I need to look again...

Sam <--- sorry for sending to you multible times, forgot the "answer all"

jaran

Hi Jaran,

Which version of Gramps are you referring to?

Can see two Norwegian translations listed[1]  (nb[2] - Norwegian Bokmål )(nn[3] - Norwegian Nynorsk)  is this for both of them as I see that word in both files many times?

> Question 2:
> Is it any easy way to change this?

Yes, information on translating Gramps can be found at the following [4]  or you try contacting the previous translators that are listed.

Kind regards,
-
Sam

On 25 February 2018 at 12:20, StoltHD <[hidden email]> wrote:
I found a rather serious translation fault in the Norwegian translation of the GUI field labels.

In "Repository reference Editor" in the english verion field number 2 in "Reference Information" The field name is "Call number:"

This is translateted to "Telefonnummer" in the Norwegian version... problem is, "Telefonnummer" in Norwegian is "Phone number" in english.

"Call number" will be "Arkivnummer" (archive number) or "Arkiv referansenummer" in Norwegian, not "Telefonnummer"...

Question 2:
Is it any easy way to change this?

Jaran

Re: Where to report wrong translation in Gramps?

StoltHD
I have search the po file on github, and all the references to "Call number" is translated to "Henvisningsnummer" and thats okay...

Problem is that the label for "Call number" on all my installed versjions of Gramps on Windows 10, translate that one label wrong ... so is it somewhere I can find out why?

Where do the installasjon put this file on the system?

Im not a programmer, nor do I know python very well, so... only thing I see is that this one entry translate wrong on my computer... for all versions of Gramps (Gramps 5 Alpfa 3 64-bit, Gramps 4.2.8 64-bit, Gramps 5 beta 1 32-bit)

Jaran

Hi Jaran,

Which version of Gramps are you referring to?

Can see two Norwegian translations listed[1]  (nb[2] - Norwegian Bokmål )(nn[3] - Norwegian Nynorsk)  is this for both of them as I see that word in both files many times?

> Question 2:
> Is it any easy way to change this?

Yes, information on translating Gramps can be found at the following [4]  or you try contacting the previous translators that are listed.

Kind regards,
-
Sam

On 25 February 2018 at 12:20, StoltHD <[hidden email]> wrote:
I found a rather serious translation fault in the Norwegian translation of the GUI field labels.

In "Repository reference Editor" in the english verion field number 2 in "Reference Information" The field name is "Call number:"

This is translateted to "Telefonnummer" in the Norwegian version... problem is, "Telefonnummer" in Norwegian is "Phone number" in english.

"Call number" will be "Arkivnummer" (archive number) or "Arkiv referansenummer" in Norwegian, not "Telefonnummer"...

Question 2:
Is it any easy way to change this?

Jaran

Re: Where to report wrong translation in Gramps?

StoltHD
Can you make the change in the Bokmål (nb) also?

I have no clue how to do it...

Thank you for drawing my attention to this.  I'm translating into Norwegian Nynorsk (nn), but as my english is not very good, there might be several faults.
I'm working on an updated translation and the phrase (?) "call number" will be changed in that one.

Regards Sigmund Lorentsen