Where to save various reports.

Erik P. Olsen
Where is the best place to save such reports as census reports, birth certificates and
others. I have tried the Gallery under the Events Reference Editor but when I later want
to read the report it doesn't seem to be possible to enlarge it for reading.

Any thoughts?

--
Erik

Re: Where to save various reports.

Dave Scheipers
Hi Erik,

It depends on what the image is. Most times, the image will be a part
of the citation. The information you cite to support the event entry.
But that puts the image several clicks away from the person's record
so some attach the image to the event. Personally, I will put BMD
certificate on the citation. same with images of the census page.

As to the image only opening in the media record. Instead of clicking
on the media icon in the gallery list which opens the record,
right-click on the icon -- view -- to open the image in your default
viewer.

Hope this helps, Dave

On 02/03/2018 04:24 AM, Erik P. Olsen wrote:
Where is the best place to save such reports as census reports, birth certificates and
others. I have tried the Gallery under the Events Reference Editor but when I later want
to read the report it doesn't seem to be possible to enlarge it for reading.

Any thoughts?

I always attach census pages and birth/death/marriage certificates to the relevant Citation.  That's because the document is a citation...