Which beta version should I be testing?

GRAMPS - User mailing list
I could some advice on sorting out the beta version list.

After some of the recent responses on this list, I realized that I should be in beta tester mode rather than just being a 4.x version user. (Since I used to beta test professionally.) So I downloaded the Alpha 5.0 version visible from the Gramps project.

A few messages on this mail-list indicated that this wasn't the current pre-release. A bit more searching turned up the Beta1 file listings on GitHub that are a bit ambiguous.

There a 4 64MB downloadables for Windows "GrampsAIO-5.0.0-beta-".  There's only one 32bit executable download. But there are three of the 64bit with nothing to differentiate:

2_win32.exe

1_win64.exe
2_win64.exe
3_win64.exe

What's the difference? And, if they are different beta compiles, why isn't there a 32bit of the high test numbered beta?

(Sure would be helpful if there were timestamps.)

Thanks
-Brian

Re: Which beta version should I be testing?

Dave Scheipers
Hi Brian

I started out with GrampsAIO-5.0.0-beta1-1_win64 but when
GrampsAIO-5.0.0-beta1-3_win64 came out, I switched and will switch
again if GrampsAIO-5.0.0-beta1-4_win64 (or beta2) comes out.

And yes, a date stamp would be helpful but I assume beta1-3 is newer
than beta1-1. I just assume that the later versions have some of the
early fixes installed.

Dave

On Thu, Mar 29, 2018 at 5:20 PM, Emyoulation--- via Gramps-users
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I could some advice on sorting out the beta version list.
>
> After some of the recent responses on this list, I realized that I should be in beta tester mode rather than just being a 4.x version user. (Since I used to beta test professionally.) So I downloaded the Alpha 5.0 version visible from the Gramps project.
>
> A few messages on this mail-list indicated that this wasn't the current pre-release. A bit more searching turned up the Beta1 file listings on GitHub that are a bit ambiguous.
>
> There a 4 64MB downloadables for Windows "GrampsAIO-5.0.0-beta-".  There's only one 32bit executable download. But there are three of the 64bit with nothing to differentiate:
>
> 2_win32.exe
>
> 1_win64.exe
> 2_win64.exe
> 3_win64.exe
>
> What's the difference? And, if they are different beta compiles, why isn't there a 32bit of the high test numbered beta?
>
> (Sure would be helpful if there were timestamps.)
>
> Thanks
> -Brian

Re: Which beta version should I be testing?

Nick Hall
On 29/03/18 22:37, Dave Scheipers wrote:
> I started out with GrampsAIO-5.0.0-beta1-1_win64 but when
> GrampsAIO-5.0.0-beta1-3_win64 came out, I switched and will switch
> again if GrampsAIO-5.0.0-beta1-4_win64 (or beta2) comes out.

There has only been one beta release.  Hopefully we will have a release
candidate within a week.

I don't know what the difference is between the Windows files.