Which download for CentOS 4?

Marlaina Barr
Hi,

I have Linux CentOS 4, which is basically, Red Hat Enterprise OS.  Which
download should I use?

My system was first RedHat 9 which used the gramps package (data.gramps)
format.  I upgraded it to the .gdrb format when I got SUSE (yuck).

I still have some gramps packages (data.gramps) that were not changed
yet to .grdb's and some .grdb's, so I am needing something that will
handle both.  And I would like a rpm.

Thanks for any help,
Marlaina Barr

Re: Which download for CentOS 4?

sakuno
Marlaina,

> I have Linux CentOS 4, which is basically, Red Hat Enterprise OS.  Which
> download should I use?
>
> My system was first RedHat 9 which used the gramps package (data.gramps)
> format.  I upgraded it to the .gdrb format when I got SUSE (yuck).
>
> I still have some gramps packages (data.gramps) that were not changed
> yet to .grdb's and some .grdb's, so I am needing something that will
> handle both.  And I would like a rpm.

The only one I can suggest might work would be the FC4 rpm.  Try that and let
us know how you go.

--
 Regards
      Trevor Rhodes

Never mud wrestle with a pig.. you get dirty and the pig enjoys it!
Never try to teach a pig to dance. You waste your time and annoy the pig.
Theoretically pigs can fly if propelled with enough force.

Re: Which download for CentOS 4?

Marlaina Barr
Uh, that should have been titled CentOS 4.2

[root@localhost rpms]# rpm -i --test gramps-2.0.9-1fdr4.noarch.rpm
error: Failed dependencies:
        gnome-python2-gconf >= 2.6.0 is needed by
gramps-2.0.9-1fdr4.noarch
        gnome-python2-gnomevfs >= 2.6.0 is needed by
gramps-2.0.9-1fdr4.noarch

Suggested resolutions:
        gnome-python2-gconf-2.6.0-3.i386.rpm
        gnome-python2-gnomevfs-2.6.0-3.i386.rpm

Installed the two suggested dependencies and seems to work just fine so
far.  In my applications menu, GRAMPS does not have its icon as it did
before with the other OS systems.  BUT the icon does show up on my
taskbar when I load GRAMPS so it is in my system somewhere.

BTW, my yuck comment below referred to SUSE and not the .grdb format.  I
rate YAST as the worst of the four letter words.

Thanks for the help and a super genealogy program - I have used it
extensively!

Marlaina Barr

On Fri, 2006-02-03 at 05:28 +1100, Trevor Rhodes wrote:

> Marlaina,
>
> > I have Linux CentOS 4, which is basically, Red Hat Enterprise OS.  Which
> > download should I use?
> >
> > My system was first RedHat 9 which used the gramps package (data.gramps)
> > format.  I upgraded it to the .gdrb format when I got SUSE (yuck).
> >
> > I still have some gramps packages (data.gramps) that were not changed
> > yet to .grdb's and some .grdb's, so I am needing something that will
> > handle both.  And I would like a rpm.

> The only one I can suggest might work would be the FC4 rpm.  Try that and let
> us know how you go.
>
> Regards
>      Trevor Rhodes

Re: Which download for CentOS 4?

Sharon Kimble
On Thursday 02 February 2006 18:04, Marlaina Barr wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have Linux CentOS 4, which is basically, Red Hat Enterprise OS.  Which
> download should I use?
>
> My system was first RedHat 9 which used the gramps package (data.gramps)
> format.  I upgraded it to the .gdrb format when I got SUSE (yuck).
>
> I still have some gramps packages (data.gramps) that were not changed
> yet to .grdb's and some .grdb's, so I am needing something that will
> handle both.  And I would like a rpm.

I'm using gramps 2.0.8-1 from the Karanbir repo
(http://centos.karan.org/el4/misc/stable/i386/RPMS/repodata/repoview/G.group.html).

Hope this helps
Sharon.
--
 16:28:03 up 2 days, 20:54,  2 users,  load average: 1.47, 1.45, 1.45
A taste of linux http://www.sharons.org.uk/taste/index.html