Win AIO64-4.2.6-1 Installation Aborted

Peter Hewett-2

Hi
This error message appeared when attempting to install Gramps on Windows
64 bit system:

--------------------
Installation Aborted
Setup was not completed successfully.

Creating config cache ...
<almost full green progress bar>
---------
Extract: en_GB.doc
Output folder: C:\Program Files\GrampsAIO64-4.2.6\share\locale
Output folder: C:\Program Files\GrampsAIO64-4.2.6\share\locale\en_GB
Output folder: C:\Program
Files\GrampsAIO64-4.2.6\share\locale\en_GB\LC_MESSA...
Extract: glib20.mo... 100%
Extract: gramps.mo
Extract: gtk30-properties.mo
Extract: gtk30.mo
Output folder: C:\Program Files\GrampsAIO64-4.2.6\share\locale
Creating fontconfig cache ...
------------------------

Any tips on what could be causing this?
Or what should be done to trouble shoot it?

TIA

Peter

Re: Win AIO64-4.2.6-1 Installation Aborted

enno
Op 14-10-17 om 22:34 schreef Peter Hewett:

> Hi
> This error message appeared when attempting to install Gramps on Windows
> 64 bit system:
>
> --------------------
> Installation Aborted
> Setup was not completed successfully.
>
> Creating config cache ...
> <almost full green progress bar>
> ---------
> Extract: en_GB.doc
> Output folder: C:\Program Files\GrampsAIO64-4.2.6\share\locale
> Output folder: C:\Program Files\GrampsAIO64-4.2.6\share\locale\en_GB
> Output folder: C:\Program
> Files\GrampsAIO64-4.2.6\share\locale\en_GB\LC_MESSA...
> Extract: glib20.mo... 100%
> Extract: gramps.mo
> Extract: gtk30-properties.mo
> Extract: gtk30.mo
> Output folder: C:\Program Files\GrampsAIO64-4.2.6\share\locale
> Creating fontconfig cache ...
> ------------------------
>
> Any tips on what could be causing this?
> Or what should be done to trouble shoot it?
Not really, unless you have a setup log. Is there anything after
"Creating fontconfig cache..."? When I try the setup here, I see another
9 lines after that.

I don't know where the setup log lives, but hope that an another
developer can tell.

Re: Win AIO64-4.2.6-1 Installation Aborted

It seems that there may be an issue with your fonts.  You did not mention what version of Windows you are using.  But go to your control panel or settings app and get the 'Fonts' tool open, and see if everything shows up correctly.

Assuming you have an older installation of Gramps, you might want to see how the 'fc-cache.exe' program runs on one of those; that should be the source of the last line of your install messages.

Go to C:\Program Files\GrampsAIO64-4.2.5 directory and start a command window there.  Then run "fc-cache.exe -v" and report the results.  If you had an earlier version of Gramps, the 'fc-cache.exe' program might be in a "/bin" under the main Gramps folder.

Let us know how you do; perhaps we can suggest some other diagnostic or repair ideas.

Paul C.

On Sat, Oct 14, 2017 at 3:34 PM, Peter Hewett <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Thanks for your help.
It is on a Windows 10 system that belongs to a friend. I don't have a
Windows machine, so can't test it myself.
This is his first attempt at Gramps, so there is no older installation
of Gramps on his machine.

I will see if he can run that diagnostics and report what we find.

Thank you

Peter

From: Paul Culley <[hidden email]>
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2017 14:12:29 -0500