Windows Background Colour

Keith Jacobs

Hi you wonderful developers.

Is it possible to add background coulour(s) to the various windows in Gramps?

I often have a number of windows open, especially when creating a new place when entering a new individual or event, that I close the wrong one first then have to recreate it again. Having different background colour would make it easier as at the moment they are all white.

--
Regards
Keith Jacobs

Re: Windows Background Colour

prculley
No.  At the moment, there is no way to modify the background color of windows.  I'm not sure if anything like that would even be a good idea, as use of color in that fashion is not allowed by the GUI design guidelines we follow (Gnome guidelines).  Too many people have issues with color vision...

One way to help keep track of which window you are to close is to use the "Windows" menu at the top of the main screen.  The one to close is the one deepest in the menu tree.

Paul C.

On 17/01/2020 16:36, Keith Jacobs wrote:

Is it possible to add background coulour(s) to the various windows in Gramps?

I often have a number of windows open, especially when creating a new place when entering a new individual or event, that I close the wrong one first then have to recreate it again. Having different background colour would make it easier as at the moment they are all white.

I suppose we could allow you to customise background colours in your theme.  Which windows do you wish to customise?

Re: Windows Background Colour

Keith Jacobs

Hi Nick

Those I would like to customise are: -    New Place and
                                                                Place Reference Editor (& Multiples of when several new "Enclosures" are being created)

Regards
Keith Jacobs