a link note

Greg DAVIS

I created a link note and all that was included in the narrated web site was

I expected a link, not an underlined word

have I done something wrong

Re: a link note

Patrick Gerlier

You create a link in HTML with an <a href=URL>lvisible link text</a> construct. All you have in your snippet is a markup for typographical effects.

If your intent is to be able to jump to some other page in your NarrativeWeb site, it may be difficult to write down the URL because of the hasshing applied to page name. It is however possible (I've done it to link from family lines graphs to person pages through a post-processing bash script).

Give more details to receive precise instructions.

Le 21/03/2020 à 00:35, Greg DAVIS a écrit :

I created a link note and all that was included in the narrated web site was

I expected a link, not an underlined word

have I done something wrong

Re: a link note

You created what looks like a link, but never actually made the link.

In a note, when you create a link, you select what type of link, then
you must make the link. Other than an Internet link where type in the
Internet Address, internal Gramps links are selected. At the end of
the drop down link type, is a selector and an option to create a new
Gramps item. Based upon the Type selection, the selector will open
within the correct gramps area.